A no-deal Brexit spells trouble for Emmanuel Macron

I think Barrie really means ‘clique’ as apparently we do not welcome people with different views in his case those that voted to leave the EU or dislikes the EU.

I could not agree more. But I am retired but feel so much for younger families and their work opportunities.
I still have a feeling that we either won’t actually leave, but if we do it won’t feel much different from what we have now. And with Covid-19 everyone really needs to stick together.
I would rather eat Spam than Trumps chlorinated chicken!

1 Like

Its already actually happened. The UK has left and now is in the transition period - wriggling and squirming…

3 Likes

It is disquieting just how many people think that somehow reversing all of this is still possible.

3 Likes

But will never be what the Brexiteers voted for.

Who knows definitively what the Brexiteers voted for? :thinking:

1 Like

Exactly. A pipe dream!

Can’t understand why on Earth you live in France under EU law?

If you hate the EU so much, why are you spending so much time here and why was it necessary to have a go at @Peter_Goble for his quite straightforward uncontroversial comment?
If you are bored, why not go for a brisk walk somewhere to shake off the cobwebs and clear your head before posting again…

1 Like

Oh dear, Pine Martin. ‘Sticking together’ seems to invite a clear breach of one of the cardinal rules of the Government, the one that exhorts us ad nauseam to do the diametric opposite, ie to stay 6 feet apart at all costs. Snuggling up is the last thing anyone should be contemplating! :weary:

But I do understand that a pining Martin may well feel conflicted in all sorts of wretched ways, and you have our sincere commiserations in your plight, don’t we magnanimous @graham? :hugs:

3 Likes

Brexiteers do - we are told ad nauseam that “we knew what we were voting for”, so they must be the people to ask.

3 Likes

Perfect reply. Sadly we will all be losers.

Not all will be losers.

The only losers will be those with something to lose. As has already been pointed out elsewhere, quite a few will make a handsome packet.

2 Likes

Absolutely right. I remember during the Falklands war a local mill owner, instead of making clothes turned his machinery into making body bags and made a fortune!