A podcast that puts the whole Hancock debacle in perspective

It’s quite shocking when one listens to the whole sorry saga, Hancock was out of control. Presumably he’s not the only one in Cabinet that is.

I think it’s clear that the government’s position regarding the Covid/NHS situation has been rather chaotic for some time.

Johnson seemed to be holding Hancock in place regardless of any actual or perceived deficiencies, and I wonder if he was doing that so he could eventually blame Hancock for the whole debacle and hope to absolve himself of any blame.

If I were Hancock in that situation, I think I’d probably engineer some stunt unrelated to health (eg snogging an aide directly under a cctv camera that an accomplice is recording) that would result in Johnson having to fire me. It And if he didn’t, I’d resign, confident that my reason for resignation was a personal failing rather than mismanaging the response to a pandemic…

1 Like

Are our politicians real that sophisticated / devious? Seems to me most of them just bumble along from crisis to crisis. It’s hardly Baldrick territory is it: “I have a cunning plan!”

Yes…

3 Likes

IMHO the bastard Hancock deserves a good thrashing, as they say in the Tory party. But he really does.