A polite request?

Hi all,

When replying to another post its most helpful if you quote the text you are responding too. Its very easy (just highlight the text before pressing reply) and saves other users vainly searching the thread to discover why “Fred is a complete tosser”.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Guy, when someone replies to a post, it should automatically come up with a link to the post which prompted said reply…unless it is directly next in line, like this reply to you.

Unless…someone just hits the lit-up Reply box at the bottom of the thread… then all bets are off.

“searching vainly” surely Guy ?

Don’t split your infinitives !!!

1 Like

this could be fun… trying to untangle…

What’s Fred done that makes him a tosser ?

he voted for Brexshit :fearful:

1 Like

Whose Fred :wink:

He’s much in demand on Pancake Day.

Isn’t he the guy who eats shoots and leaves?

1 Like

1 Like

But he wasn’t.

“To vainly search” would be a split infinitive.

“To vainly correct grammar on the internet” would be another :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you say so.

getting back to the original question… I wonder if it does depend which piece of technology one is using to access the forum.

My computer screen seems to give clear details of who is replying to what… but I accept that smaller, more modern bits and bobs may not be the same.

One annoyance is that if you quote a whole post - which you sometimes wish to do if short, the system “helpfully” removes it.

Only if your post immediately follows on IIRC
(this one didn’t though)

It works exactly the same on my Kindle Fire.

Seems that you are correct.

I try not to quote the whole post most of the time anyway.

Aha… perhaps Kindle is OK and others are not.

When I reply to Mandy (out of order)… my screen clearly shows Mandy’s photo on the top right hand side… and by clicking on that, I (and anyone else) can see to what I am replying… :thinking:

I’ve just tried to see how it is presented on OH’s computer which uses Google Chrome as against mine which uses Firefox… anyway - both are showing the links…