Accessing English TV without a satellite dish as shown on you tube

you are right, but together with all USA / UK films & series shown in English on French TV though any of the various French triple play boxes, its not too bad. Alternative I have just found out about (but have’t done it yet) is Expatvision - need to buy another box and plug it into your internet box but it looks easy. For £29 per month they say you get all UK channels including ALL of Sky movies and sport + replay etc.

Yes Phillip - the same as the system I use for 30€/ month

great - would be very interested to know if you as satisfied with it - please confirm if you have Expatvision…

As is mine. Simon, there’s no need for one of us to be wrong and the other right! We’re just offering different options for another member to do the research and make up their own mind.

Hi again Phillip - yes very satisfied - take a look at my previous responses above.

??? @Diane_Willis - my sincere apologies Diane, in no way was I implying you are wrong. Quite obviously the ‘moochi’ system my mate has from the guys in Carcassonne is different to the one you have! Did you get to watch the Olympics via the BBC on yours?

I have to confess that I’m not a big fan of the Olympics any more, Simon. Too much scandal and doubt about performance now. I love the excitement of the Paraolympics though and watched bits and pieces as able. Enjoy your weekend! Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Diane thank you for the info,but the Mag box just pops into the handbag and transfers to a second property,no need to buy a second box!
Hi Philip,I believe Simon uses www.tvaway.co as do we now.You can trial it for free for 36hrs as we did and free on-line support solves any queries in less than a minute.You can watch on two devices at once so we are very pleased with it for one euro a day!

1 Like

Hello Simon. I’ve just bought a MAG 254 box and am trying the tvaway free trial. I say ‘trying’ because it doesn’t seem to work and by the time it possibly will work, the free trial will be over! Not overly impressed yet :frowning:

That’s s shame David - it’s really eady to set up. Just connect your MAG box to the internet and apply the settings sent to you by tvaway. In any case you cam contact their support - normally really quick and I’m pretty sure they’ll extend your trial as they will be able to see you haven’t used it! I know loads of people who use the system without any issues.

All sorted now (non-existent free trial). Looks very good and will very probably go with it now :slight_smile: Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Hello for those looking for quality British, American and/or Scandinavian TV channels, I would recommend NTV. You can visit their web site at

to get an idea of the channels and packages they offer . If you are interested in a free three day trial of the system please send your email address and name and I will be happy to set up a free three day trial for you to use on your, computer, tablet or phone. In addition I can provide set top boxes if required.

Tim

I’m afraid we don’t allow ads Tim, you can list your business in the ‘business listings’ if you wish. :slight_smile:

Hi James,

Sorry but I noticed several http: links to providers trough the thread. So I assumed it would not be a problem including another recommendation. Could you tell me the difference.

Thanks Tim

@james I would agree with @Timothy_Molyneux ,up to a point, on this.I don’t wish to criticise this site or its admin but perhaps in order to ascertain what is actually impartial advice (or a personal recommendation) and what isn’t, perhaps those who are affiliated in some way to the links given should be made to say so or have their link removed. Out of general interest I have followed several of the links posted here and one in particular does actually state that it will make a commission payment to affiliates who send people to their site and who subsequently make a purchase.(This link has been posted in numerous threads previously and may or may not be totally innocent.) Perhaps this might make more work for the admin side of things and I have no idea how you would implement this but it would stop abuse of the system. Perhaps no links to sites that do this type of payment???

1 Like

Hi @Timothy_Molyneux apologies I appear to have removed a recommendation link rather than self promotion link. The former is encouraged and the latter is not allowed. If you are in no way affiliated to the service that you recommend then please put the link back and accept my apologies. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hang on minute… surely @Timothy_Molyneux must be affiliated to the site he is recommending otherwise why would he ask people to contact him directly to set up a free trail and provide set top boxes. Come on…I smell a commission deal…:grin:

1 Like

That’s better - open and honest. Funny thing is though, back in May, the link you’ve provided was your website, not ‘their’ website.

1 Like

I think you’ve come to the wrong place @Timothy_Molyneux :slight_smile:

I think the main difference is that people are recommending businesses to which they have no affiliation, as they have found the services useful before, whereas this looked like self promotion, or promotion of a business to which you’re affiliated, rather than just a customer.

I am sure if you were to post a link in the buisness listings and then offer people a link to that with a clear, i provide this message that would be no issue

2 Likes