Adieu mon ami

Thank you everyone, still talk to him even though you know he’s not there. For me it’s been far, far sadder than losing family

11 Likes

We still talk about and to our dog balloo, who died 16 years ago. They stick with you.

Courage.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this news…
We only have them for such a short time, but can look back on how good a life they had, while here with us and they leave us loads of great memories to think about, that helps us cope with their loss.
((HUGS))

2 Likes

I’m quite sure I’ll be talking to my cat after he leaves.

Pets leave us with beautiful memories. I suppose it’s their legacy.

1 Like

I’m a great believer that they stay with us in spirit.
We had to say goodbye to Vita, our gorgeous, loving Airedale August last year - very, very difficult. Our vet was super - Vita stayed in the back of the car and we and the vet chatted about her as she slipped away.
Our journey to the vet is an hour. By the time we got home, I checked our landline for messages. There was one. The call came through and for a few seconds there was nothing - then one, loud, sharp bark.
I think it was Vita letting us know, all’s well.
I talk to Vita and Smudge all the time.

6 Likes

Animal companions don’t die. They just fall asleep in your heart.

My condolences Mark.

4 Likes

Morning Mark

As you may know we have lost our two labs, Tara 13 and Tess 15, during the last year.

Leaves a bloody great hole in your life.

Just cherish the great memories

Andy

2 Likes

I am so sorry Mark.

He was a fantastic dog and a true gentleman.

Nothing can make up for the loss of such a special dog. You gave him a wonderful life though.

Sending lots of love to you and Pauline.

Marijke and Ross

1 Like

So very sorry for your loss, having had animals all my life, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits and others, I know only too well as a animal lover how it hurts like hell.

“The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Cherish the happy memories.

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear your news.

1 Like

Condolences Mark. Our lab moved on peacefully last year on the 14th of July. Big hole left by him. BUT look at this mucky pup, 1 year old yesterday.

4 Likes