Advert on Survive France

The advert below just came up for me on SF. haven’t clicked on the link as well I never do, but this looks really dodgy! ?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

1 Like

@james

The ads are delivered by google Adsense, I have no control over the content, I have to trust Google’s review policy

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t mean for it to sound like I was holding you responsible. Good to know there is a filter in place.

1 Like

This is the type of ad I am seeing .along with numerous recommendations for fur lined slippers which I’ve also been browsing just because the furry owl slippers I bought with me from U.K. have seen better days and my pup has a tendency to run off with one when they are off my feet…:grinning:

1 Like

Browsing with Brave, adverts are automatically blocked. Browsing using firefox on the phone and it’s all blingy cheap jewellery or unfeasibly tanned curvy women modelling Christmas jumpers, plus an ewok tee shirt.

Maybe the adverts just show people what they want to see. :wink:

1 Like

A friend recently told me about Brave too…

Yes I’m only on a phone so the ads get a bit wtfish at times…the worse is when I’m scrolling scrolling scrolling….feeling a song coming on :grinning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC8pSFg1Vw

3 Likes

I’ll see your original and raise you the Blue Brothers’ version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a lot online about Brave’s dubious ethics. They claim to be the ‘anti Google’ but the more you hear about them the more like Google they sound unfortunately. I used it for a bit but between various bits not working properly and some of the dodgy things I read about I decided I’d be better off just using chrome itself, not that I would choose to use Chrome either if I could help it.

1 Like

There are 4 non-big name browsers: Firefox, Opera, Brave and Vivaldi. I normally run Firefox with ghostery, various ad blockers and anti script plugins. Brave blocks ads, but isn’t completely ideal. Opera runs as-is and Vivaldi deletes cookies after every session.

2 Likes

I’m now repeatedly getting adverts for very revealing female underwear. What have I done wrong :open_mouth:

1 Like

Something right :rofl:

2 Likes

Better ask who else has been using your computer :slight_smile: