Advertising with Google

The gift of life is free.

The air we breathe is free.

Sunshine and rain are free.

Birdsong and the companionship and trust of animals is free.

Friendship costs nothing.

We should take nothing that is free for granted.

2 Likes

How true.
I spoke too soon.
And I agree we should not take any of these for granted.

1 Like

What you said was also true, Barbara. I was a bit of a ‘smart alec’ as usual! Forgive me?

I cancelled my Facebook account a few months back as I got the increasing feeling I was being heavily manipulated - too much was being pushed in my face, it was getting suffocating and when I look back, and read about Cambridge Analytica, I realise I was being mugged.

In that context your comment was bang on the money.

Back to the birdsong…:innocent:

1 Like

For me I will be spending much of my time with my feline friends and hope that they
do not attack our pheasant friends who live near the fruit trees.
And working of course.

1 Like

Time spent with cats is time well-spent, and very rewarding I find. We adopted three very young rescue cat siblings in a rush of blood to the head. The first morning after bringing them home I came downstairs to find them sitting as if waiting for me, looking directly and expectantly at me, as if to ask: “Why are we here? Who are you? Kindly explain yourself”.

They are lovely creatures. One lost an eye to an acute infection, misdiagnosed by a vet. He was later run over by a car crossing the road. We thought it a tragedy. It was on the morning we were due to fly to Spain on holiday: we cancelled it without a moment’s thought.

The depth of one’s feelings for animals sometimes seems unfathomable. Fingers crossed for the pheasants!

1 Like

Well yes if we had not come to France we would not have met my feline family.
They take us on a roller coaster ride of emotions and much of our life is arranged
around their well being and their happiness. We take a very short holiday and
close friends come from London to be with them. I have always loved cats.
Nothing to do with Google…well believe it or not…in an odd way it is.