Afghanistan - why is the Taliban takeover a surprise?

Just trying to the lighten the mood…is JP another one of those should be purged from the internet…???

JP isn’t remotely like Jonathan Pie though is he. I had no idea he was even still around.

I don’t generally think anyone should be purged from the internet, there’s generally no need, as with most things they have their 5 seconds of fame (although often fame is rather too strong a word as most things tend to sit somewhere in the middle of the pack in a world of averageness), then the universe gives them a nod that it’s time for them to f+ck back off from whence they came and that’s the end of that. Sadly some do such damage during their 5 seconds that it takes much longer to remove their stench from society (see Farage, Trump etc), but once they’re gone as long as the lid’s nailed tightly shut we are safe.

1 Like

Maybe It’s because people get censored and deplatformed :thinking:

I probably have a warped and ironic and dark sense of humour but just sometimes I find politically incorrect content humourous…

I love Ricky gervais too…,:grinning:

Was Johnson on your list?

Well that is rather it, I don’t find JP at all dark or warped or even particularly ironic. I like more savage humour perhaps.

Bit late on this one however its trending on some other platforms I use.

Simplistically, it seems to me that where a country gets directly involved in somthing it becomes a dogs breakfast and a ploitical standpoint.

We as a group have created the UN, we have created the World Health Organisation WHO. If things are done by impartial groups then perhaps matters will move on in decades to come.

By taking direct action you deafeat the purpose of these groups undermining their worth. deal with a situation then manage it Plan Do Check Act. then its in everyones interest to be part of a thing not some individual.

Look at the state of the COVID management exactly the same loads of individuals coming up with solutions. The WHO have been doing this for years. Its then a health matter and not a poitical one.

yes boatloads of histry but in my book thats just learning maybe a simplistic view but there you have it.

It’s only a surprise if you’re a Bidet.