Age is only a number - (or is it?) Ongoing

It’s much mixture of professional backgrounds that’s needed - the present Parliamentary life experience base is possibly narrower than it’s been for a century

1 Like

With a bit of luck, and possibly some unionising, unretired teachers may be empowered because they neither have future career or income weighing down their choices.

Being able to say “I will leave” not only gives these teachers power to refuse unpalatable offers but lengthy business experience also arms them with the knowledge of how to negotiate. I wish them every chance!

Nana Mouskouri at 86…

1 Like

In the numbers spirit, here are a few impressive ones

2 Likes

Incredible. My dad made a matchstick boat, another which we are currently re-rigging and a galleon from
cigar boats.
He also bought a naval pinnace after the war and converted her into a two cabin, two masted boat which he named Lisa Jane, after me.

4 Likes

Tom Jones… still going strong :+1:

I have this mad idea that any new candidate intending to stand for a seat in the HoC must first run a corner shop for 12 months and emerge in credit.

The Dept of Trade would buy/rent a number of corner shops. The shop would be fully stocked at the start, with a list of the suppliers. The shop keeper would have to negotiate credit terms with them and a bank.

Hygiene, Health and Safety, dealing with the police for the inevitable thefts …

6 Likes

My vote

4 Likes

Wonderful woman. Became a model at 97.

3 Likes

certainly an amazing lady

Are they really using “oh my god” on a French news site? How odd!
Edit: ah, I see he’s American. Ignore me!

1 Like