Airbnb 2042 C Pro Declaration

Hi All

First posting here and hope someone can help.

We are resident in the UK but have a very small Airbnb near Limoges which we rent out in the summer months when we are there.

In June 2019 we filed our first tax declaration (2042 C Pro) and on advise of our local tax office sent it to an address in Paris. Just before Christmas we received the tax calculation sent to our address in the UK. This calculation showed that they accepted our figures (for 2018) and that we don’t owe any tax. So far so good…

Now, I was under the impression that once you had submitted your first tax return, we would be able to access our data online and submit any further years online too (without having to send them by mail).
So, I went to impots.gouv.fr and entered my tax identifier upon which I was told to go to my local tax office with my passport and they would be able to give me the password.

When we were in France over New Year, I went to my local tax office with the passport but was told that I had to do the declaration on paper again as I could not access the online portal due to being resident in the UK. However, the lady who provided that information did not convince me at all!

Does anyone have any experience in this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Well given that the tax authorities think you can do this as a non resident I think that your local people might have missed out on a training course.

1 Like

Thank you Jane!
I have followed your link and submitted my details to create an account. Let’s wait and see what happens!

1 Like

Well, I filled out the form on this page https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/formulaire-de-creation-dacces-lespace-particulier-non-residents at the beginning of last week and sent the email it generated, but have had no reply yet.

Anyone have any idea how long it will take?

Well, well…

To my surprise, I received an email today from the tax office in Paris, telling me that they have activated my ‘Espace particulier’ and I was able to set up a password and login!

What a result! Very impressed with the French tax office.

1 Like

Tax offices here are generally pretty good.