Airbnb renting rooms in main residence

Thank you.

So we would not be able to retain our carte vital because we are only paying yearly taxes. So under 23k takings no qtrly cotistations.

Stella, I have just signed up with Airbnb, and as far as I understand, they, Airbnb, charge the guest tds directly, and then pass it on to the relevant Marie.
Is that what you understand ?

You keep your carte vitale Barbara, it just gets updated to show that instead of being an AE and paying cotisations you will receive a bill from URSAFF once a year (and you might not even receive that if you get a French pension I believe.

This sets out what you need to do to close your AE. And maybe somebody who is retired with a French pension will pop up to say how that works.

Yes it is for nearly all communes.

The weekly rental income seems to have shrunk over the past few years.
About 8 years ago I was achieving 4,000 stirling a week in Aug and achieved a
2 week reservation without agents.
Now my property has one less bedroom and 3 reception rooms and a dining room and will achieve half of that figure.
In a stunning spot near the river.
So Jane has made a good suggestion to me.
No point in renting in cool weather as the heating will devour all the income.

I’ve never dealt with AirBnB
 I think I’ve read somewhere that this is how they work
 They take the tds and pay direct nowadays
 whereas in the past this didn’t always happen and the local finances missed-out as a result
 when Owners didn’t pay it either
 ooops.

I have personal experience with Gites and B&B properties needing to be noted at the Mairie and that seems fair enough.
Our Mairie keeps track of property every year

Makes sense for Mairies to know what is on the go re Property on their “patch”.

As I say
 talk with your Mairie and take things from there.

Jane sorry for the late reply and thank you for your answer.
How do you know which place are the popular one ( so 90 days max) and the one they are not
so free to rent all year.
Also what do you mean when you say 
 can have lots of short contracts to different people?
Thank you