Alan Bennett monologues

Anybody know how/where to watch ABM’s?
I don’t have BBC iPlayer where it is currently available.

any help?

1 Like

Thanks Graham, always forget YouTube sometimes show full episodes :hugs:

1 Like

there are at least seventeen on youtube - just type in alan bennett in the search box

1 Like

Talking Heads is bring re done by the BBC ( why I don’t know) and should be aired soon. Apparently the only one that hasn’t been re-done is the Thors Herd one. Maybe because that couldn’t be improved on. Well actually I don’t think any of them could but there you go!

1 Like

I have not seen them for years so happy to watch again. Fairly sure I missed a few, which will be bonus viewing :clap:

Sorry - I rarely edit titles but that rogue apostrophe was getting to me :slight_smile:

The monologues themselves - brilliant but haven’t heard them in years.

1 Like

They are running out of new material to show because most production has been on hold - difficult to socially distance, hence all the repeats.
I just love Alan Bennett, one of my all-time favourite authors. And the Lady in the Van is a super film - what an extraordinary thing to have done. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

1 Like

I don’t mean just reshowing them - I mean redoing them with different actors. I think they are due to be aired soon. Just googled it - 23rd June .

1 Like

Perhaps the fact they are a one performer , minimum set type thing means they can be more social distancing to film

Yes, this is being advertised at the moment.

Ah, Sorry Sue, I’d misunderstood. And I agree - at least I thought I did until I typed that! I suspect there are thousands of actors desperate for work. So redoing them is a way of letting just a few of them earn some money.