Alternative cancer treatments

I know three people with cancer, one who has a son aged twelve and another lady whose lung cancer was at stage 4 before it was diagnosed.
Sad times indeed.

1 Like

Sadly cancer covers a huge range of possibilities, and statistics tell us that we all have a 50% chance of having some form of cancer during our life. It is all around us and all of us know friends and probably family who have been affected.

There are so many sad things associated with cancers, including the failure to diagnose early, and the limitations of current conventional treatments. But I think what I find the saddest is that so many of these cancers could be preventable with proper lifestyle choices.

I also had pain in my mouth, troath , …
My Dr recommended bicarbonate of soda but I had problems using that.

I tried many things until I found what helped me: gurgle and drink Sauerkraut. After a couple of days I was OK for weeks. This went on for years, every time it took longer for the pain to appear.

1 Like

This is a testimonial about Rick Simpson’s cannabis oil…high THC indica oil…I think his oil is going to be a key to finding a cure for cancer and I look forwards to the necessary research funding being provided…Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) isn’t the same as cbd oil/hemp oil/hemp seed oil…

This man as far as I can ascertain died not long after the making of this video but the sheer scale of the reduction of tumours and the reduction in cell count is compelling…

Footnote: Rick Simpson and Phoenix tears do NOT sell their oil…they tell people how to make their own…there are scammers out there who claim to be selling RSO…using his name…their oils are in no way endorsed by Rick Simpson…

He also had conventional chemo - gemcitabine plus abraxane (nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel) which is a standard combination for treating pancreatic cancer. He talks about it towards the end of the video.

If I were betting which had reduced his ca 19-9 and shrank the size of the cancer on the scan I know where I would put my money.

Also note that in a country with possibly the world’s most advanced health service this man arguably died because he had no insurance (see one of my earlier points).

This is not to say cannabinoids have no role, they look to be potentially useful anti-nausea agents as well as analgesics/anxiolytics and still might yet be proven to have some anti-tumour activity but the jury is out on that one with most trials being negative.

There is some unbiased info here - https://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/

1 Like

Yes I was just about to edit my post to add how brutally mercenary the system is to have to go through a gruelling wait for friends and family to fund raise…!

As I said - whether you have insurance dictates how long you live, simple as that.

To be fair it is possible that the cancer would have been found to have spread even if he’d had surgery straight away. I don’t know how long raising funds delayed his op - Googling suggests the fundraiser took six weeks, say it delayed his surgery two months.

Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive tumour but even then to go from an operable stage 1 (on imaging) tumour to one so widely metastatic in two months is pushing it slightly - not a lot, just slightly. However I would not have been surprised to find that it had already spread at diagnosis - just not enough to be visible on the scan (remembering that something needs to be 2-3mm minimum to be reliably visible on CT).

I don’t know whether he had a second CT before the laparoscopy but doing so might have saved him from a fruitless operation (even if was minimally invasive).

1 Like

(Trying to quote for the first time…so apologies if it’s not right…)

And isn’t that such a huge reflection on how brutal the medical industry is…??? I think we are probably saying the same thing here…??? It’s the same for our pets…

I’m acutely conscious that his/these/our testimonials/anecdotes are all from real people with real families and everyone is effected…and as mentioned my heart goes out to every one suffering…

Our life experiences…ALL valuable…will come from differing perspectives…

I don’t honestly know what I would do _personally_if I was suddenly facing a cancer diagnosis…I’m not sure what it would take for me to even step foot in a doctor’s surgery to be given a diagnosis in the first place…

The cancer act has made it extremely difficult to deviate discussion (and funding) from the mainstream view…

This is Thomas Seyfried…a different model…googling will bring up the dissing by the mainstream but I think all discussion is valuable…it is a global quest…

I had always thought what I would say if I got a diagnosis of cancer. I just said, OK what do we do about it?

4 Likes

I had never thought what I would say but I did say exactly what you did :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To clarify, I mentioned what I used to treat the ’ side effects’ of the life saving treatment: operation, chemo and radiation.

1 Like

I was eventually diagnosed in June 2002 and have had no problems since.
I hope it is the same for you.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, especially about the mouthwash! Humankind has also been deprived of 50 years of research on cannabinoids. There’s a very good chance that cannabis could be the cure for cancer, as every mammal has cannabis receptors.

1 Like

The research isn’t shaping up that way.

Here are a few studies…

Medical Cannabis The Evidence…

https://www.bmj.com/sites/default/files/response_attachments/2015/03/Medicinal%20Cannabis%20The%20Evidence%20V1.pdf

The articule that you quote sums up the effect on cancer thusly:

There is a more up-to-date look at the research here - which I already posted but the tl;dr from that is

Emphasis mine for both quotes.

1 Like

I posted that article as it shows a lot of promising evidence in many other areas including but not limited to chrones disease…

My feeling is that cancer is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s line in the sand…because of the cancer act…

Those working on the endocabninoid system and cannabis oil urgently need more funding…in my opinion…

When I say that I personally have wondered what _I_would do then I think it likely that if I thought anything was wrong that I was unable to clear myself…then my first port of call would be a homeopathic practitioner…and take it from there…I can’t see any circumstances where I would consent to chemotherapy but that’s just me…who knows…maybe one day I’ll be involved in a wholly natural trial…no pharmaceuticals whatsoever v cannabis oil and homeopathy…I would give my fully informed consent to that…:grinning:

Never say never… I take a chemotherapy drug every week, and have done so for 8 years now. Without it I couldn’t function and would be virtually bedridden and in horrible pain 24/7. And yes I’ve tried other approaches. And no, I don’t have cancer, but an incurable immune sytem disease. Chemotherapy has other uses and I am intemsely grateful for it’s existence.

Choices are sometimes not straighforward so I hope you never have to face making that decision,

1 Like

I think it’s very difficult to know what we would or would not do until we are in that situation

2 Likes

I was lucky in a way as I had no chemo but took one set of drugs for three years and another for two years.
The second one was expensive, but as I had been misdiagnosed in the first place my surgeon insisted that I had it as it helped occurrence in the other breast.
I am sorry that you have to take such a toxic drug, but if you see it as no alternative, it is what it is.
I had thirteen glands taken from my armpit as they were enlarged.
I was two years too early for sentinel node and they were in fact fighting the abscess caused by my tumour.
I now have a weakened left arm.

2 Likes