Alternative electrical suppliers

Thank you John, had something similar myself holding fo 20mins got to no2 in the queue and cut off :disappointed_relieved:

We switched to Mint a while ago. Certainly live up to their promise to be cheaper than EDF.

BUT, their customer service is rubbish. After having a Linky meter installed we wanted to move from a 9kw supply to a 12kw supply, not uncommon as Linky meters are less tolerant of the occasional spikes in consumption.

But it tooks weeks of emails and phone calls for Mint to upgrade the supply.

Q.E.D.

I had the same sort of problem with EDF when we moved into the farm, so it is not unique to Mint.

1 Like

Lets face it, if you want excellent customer service France wouldn’t be your country of choice :joy:

1 Like

Sorry @Corona I don’t agree. Our direct experience has been to the contrary. So far in 12 years living here, we have had excellent customer service. It just needs you to quietly persist, not panic and be well prepared. Our French speaking skills are not exceptional but have found that a quiet approach with a pleasant smile works wonders.

1 Like

Did you see the laughing emoji?

1 Like

The written word used to mean what it said however this new emoji language seems to give comments a double meaning ?
Surely the addition of an emoji is to reinforce the comment
Not to contradict it.
There doesn’t seem to be an emoji for my comments?
Customer service, had reason to return faulty purchase to Amazon.fr this week. I filled in my details on the website, printed out the postage return, dropped it off at La Poste on Tuesday with no charge, got an email yesterday from Amazon advising that my return had been received and refund being processed, now that is customer service👍

Comments have always had the capacity to have a double meaning. When face to face, something said with a wry smile, a smirk, a raised eyebrow, gives the viewer of such facial expressions some chance (or not) of perceiving the “double-entendre” .
In the absence of physical presence the emoji is the online “smirk”.

I must find time to learn what the hidden meaning is of each emoji then I can add a new language to my CV :rofl:
PS have I included the correct emoji?

sorry John I missed it :slaps_head: :roll_eyes: :face_with_head_bandage:

Graham we love France or we wouldn’t be here but it can be frustrating you’d have to agree. It was tongue in cheek.

1 Like

After starting this thread, it turned out that Mint cannot supply us :sleepy:
So we are now progressing with Planete Oui.
A liitle more cost than Mint but see how it goes.

1 Like

Had a call from customer services and we booked a date to switch over, so far so good!

I know this might be a long shot and would require an initial outlay but, have you considered solar panels and/or a small wind turbine.

Not a long shot at all Paul, I do intend to add both solar PV with batteries and solar thermal for hot water and possibly underfloor/pool heating. All these plans were thrown in the air with Brexit and not being able to travel to our home in France whenever we want. Depending on what we decide, this may well happen to a new home back in the UK, it will happen somewhere.

Planete Oui are now supplying us after a linky meter was fitted by Enerdis. Hopefully we will be able to get over to France soon to enjoy.
Planete Oui have given us a code which will give a money offer for anyone who uses our code and we get the same.

1 Like

Very interesting Paul.

1 Like

Just missed :roll_eyes: I signed up with Mint a couple of weeks ago. Moderate savings but they seem to provide far better data for me to spot the energy black spots chez nous.

A lot of people use these systems with battery banks to run lighting and low wattage appliances, I wish you well in your ventures.

1 Like