American baking in france

hi i miss american cinnamon buns and corn muffins but don't have the energy to make them totally from scratch. instead, i buy fiffy cornbread mix in bulk at amazon.co.uk, adding about 1/4 c melted butter and 1/4 c sugar to each carton of mix, or to taste. these freeze well.

for the cinnamon buns, i buy 1 kg croissant dough from my local baker's (he charges me 15e which seems high to me); i roll out the dough to a large squarish shapre, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with a TON of pungent cinnamon plus sucre brun en cascade. i must use about 1/2 cup cinnamon! i also often add finely ground pecans. then i just roll it up, cut into jelly roll type slices about 3/4 inch thick, sprinkle the tops with more sugar and cinnamon, and bake at 225 centigrade until golden brown.yummy!

I just joined this group and saw your cinnamon bun recipe which I will be trying for New Year's Day!!! I am so excited!! It looks delicious!! I honestly cannot remember the last time I even had cinnamon buns in the last thirteen years that I have been here. I go home in the summer so I never think of them--not really a summer thing. I will let you know how everything turns out!! :)