American / US connected in France - 401K and IRA accounts

Hello… do we have any US connected or Americans that have 401K and IRA accounts in the states.

I have a few clients that are American and a number of them have had issues with their providers for pensions and having a French address.

Has anyone had any issues with this specifically…?

I have managed to team up with an SEC regulated adviser that can move to a suitable account in the US and manage the investments etc.

Not a solution we have needed but it now exists if anyone needs it!

IRA accounts. :astonished:. What on earth are those, sounds explosive? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) provide tax advantages for retirement savings . You can contribute each year up to the maximum amount allowed by the Internal Revenue Service

Individual retirement account … luckily nothing politically charged :joy:

Wot the UK should have done - pot moves with user. i think the accounts US individuals hold are called a 401(K) or something similar too.

Seems to be employer based contribution with employee contributions possible

What Is a 401(k) Plan?

A 401(k) plan is a retirement savings plan offered by many American employers that has tax advantages for the saver. It is named after a section of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (IRC).1

The employee who signs up for a 401(k) agrees to have a percentage of each paycheck paid directly into an investment account. The employer may match part or all of that contribution. The employee gets to choose among a number of investment options, usually mutual funds.