And just before the year comes to a close

Hi I knew the family in edgware middx very nice family yes it was not a long life by these days but he lived prob double the life or more than that of an ordinary man

John, for the greater part of us Britons Abroad, Brexit was the worst thing that has happened in 2016.
Many people bought in France for their retirement because they could find cheaper property, which was almost always in deeply rural areas, now find that they are losing out big time because of the drop in the exchange rate. To make it worse, these areas are the coldest in winter and they have also lost their Winter Fuel Payment due to the action of a Europe Hater.

No not easy Jane.
You and I should be cruising around the world and taking it easy
rather than working!
I have to forgive many people when they assume that catering and the like
is an easy way to earn a living.
But forgive me too when I say that this is ignorance as a 40 degree plus kitchen is no fun. Yet most of us hope to please people with delicious food.
And we work…often 80 hours each week with out sensible meal times.
I have loved my work much of the time…but 2016 had been a draining period
taking away so many special friends of music and bringing so much uncertainty and discord.

I will be seventy next year and we should not be needing to run our gite as hard as we do. Saturday is change over day and we miss out on so many things that happen here in the Summer.
Mind you, when we can cook for ourselves it helps.
Poulet de Bresse with morels and vin jaune for us soon. The Poulet de Bresse has taken all my ATAC points! I already have dried morels and the vin jaune.