AngloINFO....?

Also just noticed in the last few days, that the ability to select another AI site (other than the one logged into) has been removed.

These people really take the biscuit. Many users are based close to boundaries with neighbouring departments and the ability to hop onto the other sites make great sense (except these dipsticks can’t seem to make sense of that).

1 Like

I’ve been an AI forum member for over eight years, in two regions as I’m between both. It used to be very active, Dordogne more so than S. Aquitaine, although the last six to eight months have seen a real drop in the amount of postings. You can go for days without a new posting. Some of it, I think, seems to be frustration with a new website design which led several members to leave (after many complaints about the site not being user friendly, photos not being accepted, postings disappearing, etc.). Certainly there were a lot of teething problems with the new design and much dissatisfaction plus no real response from AI (although Hazel, the Dordogne franchisee did reply but the decisions were made above her). I used to go on AI several times a day, enjoying reading the different postings and contributing to the forum. Now it’s once a day, if that, and often nothing has changed. I can’t advise you as a franchisee but I’d suggest one thing to examine is how the AI management responded to user feedback and to see if that suits how you work. Good luck.

I have left Angloinfo, as have many others. They have changed the site a lot and, in my humble opinion, it is not at all user friendly. If you want to get an idea of the traffic (which is what you want if you are thinking of taking a franchise) just check out the discussions page and see how many comments there are, how many replies, and how often there are replies.

The system to switch between regions is much better now than it was on their old site.

As a business proposition, suggest you look at
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/angloinfo.com

Of course statistics can be manoeuvred to prove whatever you. AI claims that the recent revamp has massively increased footfall, but Alexa, which is impartial and pretty reliable as regards traffic trends, shows a very sharp decline that happened exactly at the time of the revamp and hasn’t picked up since.

Found how to do it on the new site now, thanks.

AI… Poitou charente and linousin

I cannot enter the site. My password is always not recognized and when I complain they do not attend to it. Besides they have no knowledge of France. I was told " there is no such thing as charente limousine". If you are bombarded a mod you should have basic knowledge of France. When I remonstrated they make sure I cannot reenter the site
Not professional site. Excess of adverts to make money. Unfriendly arrogant. Keep away

1 Like