Ann and Andrew up a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Ann Robinson 79 and Andrew Parker Bowles 84 are in a romantic relationship.
For reasons I don’t want to go into here, can somebody explain the science behind that? I’m 69 and I’ve had my eye on a 64 year old widow woman for some time now but then I think, “What’s the bloody point?”

Possibly he’s eyed up her £50,000,000

I suspect she’s too shrewd for that.
But it begs the question, why 84 when she could have four 21s.

I would look at it the other way round - nothing to loose and perhaps interesting things to gain.

2 Likes

Many a fine tune played on an old fiddle……

1 Like

I still remember what to do - I’ve just forgotten why?

1 Like

Supposedly, she’s already given it away to avoid IHT.

Some people just want some company in old age. From personal experience I find it very hard to go anywhere on my own now apart from shopping, there does not seem any point going places on your own without someone to talk and share it with unless you have never been married/had partner etc.

4 Likes

I am afraid that if you ask the question, then maybe there is no point!
My gf and I are the wrong side of 70 and find plenty of points… :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for that.

Now I have to find a Pharmacy selling brain bleach so I can remove that image from my visual cortex.

1 Like

£50M…?!? Bloody hell!

I was shocked too, seems she bought property when she was a big earner which is now worth rather a lot.

Just for clarity, my post was a bit of fun. I’m married 50 years in October. So is my wife. Again for clarity, to each other.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting question that some don’t even hesitate long enough to ask. A friend of ours who we’ve known nearly 30 years is shortly getting married again at 67 to a chap in his early 70s. At this stage though, it’s often the children who have strong opinions, and this is a source of some unhappiness.

My grandfather re-married in his early 70s, and my mother really struggled to come to terms with it. When my father died (aged 51) she was absolutely certain that she would never re-marry and stayed single the rest of her life.

1 Like

A lot of my friends have a parent who has shuffled off the mortal coil (I have too) and it is very interesting in an anecdotal way, the fathers have all remarried pretty quickly (sometimes rather distastefully so) whereas the mothers generally don’t at all.

There’s also a fair bit of statistical evidence that single women live longer than married women, while single men die earlier than married men.

I get the impression from my sample that if your husband dies it’s very sad but you get on with life and go and do things you have maybe been wanting to for ages eg travel on your own terms etc whereas if your wife does it’s very sad but goodness me, better get someone in to look after you.

3 Likes

This is the impression I have about my grandfather, that he just needed someone at home to look after him.

Something that I’ve seen is that when there’s long-term illness present you can sometimes do the mourning in advance. By the time the partner has actually died, the only still living may be already able to move on. Obviously somewhat different for a child instead of a partner, but when my father died having been seriously ill and nearly dying over a decade, I found that much of the mourning had been completed already. Contrast that with a sudden and unexpected death and it can come back to bite again and again over decades.

For us, I know I’d want my wife to be able to remarry IF she wanted too, and have made sure she knows so that IF it happens she can do so without guilt.

Wasn’t that the start of a joke the punchline to which was that the men should all marry each other.

Though if the single widows (and divorcees presumably) are not remarrying whereas the single widowers are one wonders to whom they are getting married?

There are more women around in that age group I think. And the father of a friend of mine married a notorious gold-digger. He died in fairly short order and she’s onto a new one, no. 3 or 4 acc to the f-o-m.

Well that washing up wont do itself :rofl:

…no suspicious circumstances ?

PS How long till Oz? is it next month?