Another corking piece of ill-thought through prejudice - this time from the UK Daily Mail

Brill, that kept me smirking for five minutes, can't laugh sleeping children in next room! Oh yeah, good morning, hope it is a little pleasanter there. At least a) the Rayburn did not go out, b) I stopped the pipes freezing this night (up every two hours to bleed them), c) the fire started in seconds and d) the puppy only pee-ed once indoors all night. Seems like a very positive day developing. Now what can we do to tease Andrew and get him laughing again?

Here's something to keep you amused this morning

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

not so sure that's waht they want to hear unless you're just leading them on by handing them the intro "I'll pop round and thaw your pipes out then..." :-O

Mine are now in the land of nod, time for a shower and same for me too.

buona notte tutti e due e a domani

Oyoy, sounds just like my OH, being Swiss they'll transact anything as long as it makes a profit they can reinvest. Take credit cards, take the shirt off your back if you don't have one. And mine is a kind, generous one.. Put her in partnership with him and he'll have one of those secret bank accounts with extra interest and absolutely no morals about making money out of anything, therefore no morals about anything at all. Fortunately for me I love her to pieces...

My girls off to beddie byes, so I have hugs, kisses and a longggggggggggggggggg explanation about my laughter in the next room.

G'night!

snow stopped bang on the lot/aveyron border so school no problem here but not sure if my students will turn up tomorrow because they're still talking about no buses in the lot... quiet day again then, I could get used to this winter lark!

can't help with the lederhöschen but have plenty of pairs of tight (on me at any rate) lycra cycling shorts with shoulder straps to offer Catharine...!

Enjoy the snow - just jealous as we haven't really had any here and I promised the kids we'd go sledging and build a snowman. Will have to nip up the road to the mountains at this rate.

Don't - he will install one - esp if he can have an (income generating) 0898 number

Actually it could be a money spinner ..."Chat to bored housewives"

Punter -"Hello!"

Bored housewife -"Yes?"

Punter - "Are you bored? Wanna do something....hot...?"

Housewife - "Yes, I'm bored, been stuck inside since Thursday when the drive froze over and the pipes burst. I would like to get out of this hell hole and go to the Bahamas. That will be 98.99€ - payable to SFN. We take all credit cards and AMEX. Please call back soon."

What do you think???

Ach ja, nun ja, aha ja ja ja, Lederhöschen aber bitte mit Sahne!

Yes, it's only Monday, school is closed again tomorrow and Wednesday anyway, so no working week for me for real and I still have the grumpy old blues to dust away so let it roll.

Heh! Did that without mentioning member. Aw shucks...

Now about James and these Lederhöschen, mine are a bit small nowadays. Do you think he'll make me a good offer?

What can I say apart from has james got a requests line! ;-)

and thanks both of you for making me laugh after a stressful evening "de merde" with two very tired kids - and it's only Monday :-O

lederhosen eh...

Glad I amused you "boys" (arf arf)

"altar boy.."

-it's always an Altar boy in the DM... (lucky guess then!)

"now now Catharine, just because you didn't get the member of the month (btw, must sort out another title - "member" lends itself to too many interpratations!!!)"

- Why do you think I came up with that one (arf arf...)

"drugs, yes according to OH it's sfn! and the lady boy bit - only once and it was for charity (AND IT STOPPED AT DRESSING UP, NOTHING ELSE"

- WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE INFO THANK YOU - ANGELA!!!

"and when are you going to tell us the truth about how you broke your ankle whilst swinging from the chandelier in the nurses outfit... that'll get the membership up! (numbers Catharine, the number of members, oh here we go again yes the members too...!)"

- please don't encourage James - he would have me naked apart from lederhosen on YouTube if he thought it would improve his traffic......

:)

Ooh you are awful! But I like it! (Do the slap on the upper chest to yourselves with your best Dick Emery expression on faces)

I'm trying desparately not to laugh as the kids are almost asleep!

I can see the headline now - you'd sell sooo many copies of the DM, but there again the other ideas would sell more!!

alter boy... parents thought I went to choir practice every saturday but was playing football, got caught out when they went to see me singing and the vicar said he didn't even know I was in the choir, had never seen me!

now now Catharine, just because you didn't get the member of the month (btw, must sort out another title - "member" lends itself to too many interpratations!!!)

drugs, yes according to OH it's sfn! and the lady boy bit - only once and it was for charity (AND IT STOPPED AT DRESSING UP, NOTHING ELSE)

Ages please Catharine, keep them coming down, you're almost there England won the world cup...

as for ouest france - la dépeche/midi libre stp!

and when are you going to tell us the truth about how you broke your ankle whilst swinging from the chandelier in the nurses outfit... that'll get the membership up! (numbers Catharine, the number of members, oh here we go again yes the members too...!)

:) :) :0 :) Now to go to repair the waistband of my jeans I just split laughing...

Andrew - just think how culturally deprived your kids will be growing up with the Sud Ouest and not the DM!!!

or

"Selfish ex-pat force feeds his kids in frogs legs shocker"

Former altar boy Andrew Hernia, 52, admitted today that he lives in France because the 'benefits are better' and the 'kids can catch their own tea in the flowerbeds.'

Andrew, 48, also confessed to a lifelong drug problem and frequently dressing as a "lady-boy"

*Suddenly worries about post given number of new members tonight....*

You gotta, I laughed out loud and one of mine asked me to explain. Pas possible... ;)

Thanks Brian, that made me smile and the kids are still asking why I'm giggling to myself ;-)

When the Daily Mail calls rightwingers stupid, the result is dumbogeddon
Charlie Brooker: On and on the comments went – a chimps' tea party of the damned
How fortunate that the Guardian had Brooker write this!

Well, of course. The 100 Year War never actually finished. It is just that both have occassionally taken a pause to blame the Spanish, Portuguese, Germans of somebody else then got back to business as usual. I simply remind French folk that until we were bought out by the English a few centuries back that we were always on their side, indeed rebel Scots units actually did fight under Napoleon as well, so all fine by me. I'll just sit back with a wee malt and watch, let the ya-boo sucks commence...

The Uk does have more industry than France by a small percentage so even if it wasn't a sneering comment it was very badly informed and stupid coming from someone like the French president. He should know his facts before he speaks

Touché! and ouch, probably mostly true...

Some of us have been known to write for it daaahling.

Guardian and SWP news reader me, like any proper Oxfordite. I thought people from the other place only ever read technology journals and 'five' spy manuals. Or Jean le Carre novels if they were just wannabee double agents....?