Another fine mess the Chinese have gotten us into?

1 Like

Love it Mike. Get anoth’ pint in f’rus :beer:while I stagger t’pisser ‘cos hic think’ ve pissed me bloody hic mate hic pants, whezza door? :jeans::beers::beers:

2 Likes

From BFM TV: Coronavirus: Professor Cohen affirms that there was a case of Covid-19 in France as of December 27

I wonder how sure they are - false positives occur as well as false negatives with the PCR test so it is always possible that he did not have Covid in France on the 27th of December (which seems odd if he had no connection to China).

Error or not, quite correct.

I have seen the way some of the operators take the test when people are sitting in their cars, no wonder it leads to false results.

I remember those little pay-packets. And those green lick-and-stick-on National Insurance stamps. My monthly pay-packet for working on the wards at Hackney Hospital 6 days a week was seven pounds five shillings. I never got a fiver in my pay, ever. The big white ones written in black copper-plate script. Only the toffs got to handle those…

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://westminstercollection.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/operation-bernhard-banknote-c2a35.jpg&imgrefurl=https://blog.westminstercollection.com/tag/white-fiver/&docid=g3JIgKWhLdBCgM&tbnid=xb-nchw97_SQBM:&vet=1&w=2312&h=1483&hl=en-FR&source=sh/x/im#h=1483&imgdii=mVxD0kjjijcZWM:&vet=1&w=2312

1 Like

With a recorded history of over 3,000 years I find it amusing that we should regard ourselves as superior in some way over the Chinese.
Territorial conflicts and claims have been a constant throughout History, and maybe we shouldbe grateful that so far China doesn’t have a military presence in more than 100 countries as does the far, far younger and aggressive USA.
Re the virus(ses). Most of Eurasia has lesser standards of hygiene than the West, and in many areas higher densities and poorer people. ost research seems to indicate that as with SARS the source is more likely to be bats than anything else.
On the other hand the recent notification that France had the then unrecognised Corvin virus as early as December last year, which was treated as "flu through the similarity of symptoms and age related deaths, does to my mind give doubts to the Chinese ‘blame game’. That doesn’t mean it could be true, but dogmatic assessment seems a bit dubious.
China, like Russia have made massive strides in recent years to the overall benefit of their populations despite hysterical maunderings from sections of the West.
As Napoleon said (paraphrased)’ ‘Let the Chinese Dragon sleep, as when it wakes the World will tremble’. He was right. China isn’t going to disappear, either is Russia, nor India, and we had better get used to it as a reality.

3 Likes

There would indeed be a delicious irony in Brits regarding themselves as superior to the Chinese in terms of public health, since we fought a war specifically to prevent China implementing public health measures when we controlled the relevant lucrative international illegal drugs trade.

3 Likes

I realise that is an oldish post, but I could not agree with you more Izzy.

Chinese cruelty, indeed evil, knows no bounds.

We have to boycott Chinese products and start reading labels properly. The amount of stuff made there is astronomical.
The whole world is now suffering as a result of either their appalling wet markets or their virology lab - whichever, they are to blame and a price has to be paid.

4 Likes

Maybe a bit late for that Anne. Your electric kettle, steam iron, fridge-freezer, TV, Internet router, portable phone, printer-copier, radio-alarm, hair-dryer, chiming door-bell and any number of in-car computers already have enough data on you for the PRC to have reserved your place in a Chinese Cultural Rehabilitation Programme. :hugs:

该走了,同志!

Don’t forget to pack your toothbrush for when you get that 0300 knock by the enrolment team. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sure our electric toothbrushes are made in China too.

2 Likes

Yes, how did I overlook those? Even the hand-driven ones have disturbingly bulbous handles and extra filaments which could be picking up signals from our lizard brains. Velly crever these Asian toothbrushes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not to mention that if all Chinese products could be instantly magicked away, many would find themselves naked in public!

2 Likes

Rhod Gilbert on the digital toothbrush - one of the funniest standup routines in the history of the world ever…

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean that we can’t start now.
China is a bully and it’s latest attack on democracy in Hong Kong is telling the world that it is not to be trusted and cannot keep its promises.
It has to be made aware that it cannot go on behaving as it has done and things are going to change.
Repatriating production or moving it to another country is just one way to show the Chinese that they have gone too far.

3 Likes

Am I alone in thinking that this kind of school-marmish rhetoric is utterly ridiculous in the 21st century?

It would have sounded preposterous coming from an irate secondary school teacher addressing a fifteen year old girl who had turned up at school wearing blue eye-shadow, and about as effective a means of instilling discipline as blowing a kiss. :kissing_heart::joy:

Why not send a gun boat up the Yangtse? “Give those idle flea-infested chinks festering in their opium dens something to teach them who is Master, what what?!” (Abridged with thanks from an historic text first published in 1863 by Grindstone & Fluebrush of Kensington, London WC1 England.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don’t worry, they’ll soon be sorted out…boom!

3 Likes

Actually Peter, whether you find it ‘school marmish’ or not, you are sailing very close to the wind (again) with your (verging on the personal and thus not going to be tolerated) comments.

I have received more than one complaint about this. Can you please stop it. And can you also please keep the florid language for direct messages with the posters concerned as it is detracting from the site. Thanks.

2 Likes