Another heads up on scam tactics

Just to warn everyone I got an SMS late last night purporting to be from Ameli.fr to say my new carte vitale was ready and to click on the link. Well for a start I know my carte does not get renewed just like that without paperwork first and secondly after looking on my proper ameli account, there were no messages regarding any new cards. The number was an 06 number that rang. Just a warning as there must be a scam somewhere by just being worried and clicking.

5 Likes

Thank you @Shiba for the alert :postal_horn:

I have received this fishing scam more than once. Probably Russians desperate to pump up the failing war machine

At least one of my many habitual scam emails has a .ru affix, but I am very careful with anything that isn’t blindingly obviously genuine, though I was caught once by an EDF lookalike. Fortunately I noticed it minutes after I clicked and was able to avoid any damage.

Would you believe Ijust had an email from ameli to warn against fraudulent emails and phone SMS!

:alien::eye::alien:

Who’s monitoring your pc???

:teddy_bear::nesting_dolls::teddy_bear:

Don’t understand what you mean by monitoring

Don’t worry @Shiba , I’m teasing.

To receive an email from Amelie just as you’ve been discussing Amelie online, maybe someone else is also reading SF email chatter

It’s a bit ‘The X-files’ nonsense.

Sorry!

Pas de souçi :hugs: I am not a techie I am afraid.