Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

In my old commune it was for everyone when they got to 70 and if their spouse was younger, they could go too but had to pay the price of the meal which was done by a local traiteur with proper waitresses etc. Each year it got less and less as many passed on but then others arrived suddenly en masse as they reached that magic age. The musicians amongst them would also bring their instruments, usually an accordian or guitar and play music as part of the entertainment.

3 Likes

We had lunch parties for my mumā€™s significant birthdays, and once she got to 75 or so assumed the food would be more than the drink. We were sooooo wrong. A bunch of 80 - 90 year olds of that generation who donā€™t have to drive home can really put it away The most embarrassing was at a well known baking judgeā€™s restaurant :smirk: when the manager came in to ask us to keep the noise down.

7 Likes

Clearly overdue for a rematch then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We always have entertainment and the children join us for that.

Sunshine. :grin:

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sheā€™s been sacked!

I am home from hospital.
I am surprised at the amount of post operative care I seem to need.
Two or three weeks until i get the results of my lung biopsy.
Amazing that when I said I was allergic to wheat, they all u derstood that I just needed gluten free.
I asked to see a dietician but no one turned up.
So glad to be home.

5 Likes

I hope you feel properly well soon Jane :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

Glad youā€™re home, safe and soundā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

Thank you both.
Just a bit sore and have to have an injection every day until the 12th December.

1 Like

Jim has just come back from the pharmacie with a huge bag of stuff.
Strange that they have prescribed stronger pain killers than they gave me in the hospital.

Yay, modern medicine! Get well soon :bouquet::grapes:

2 Likes

Stopped at Lidl on the way home. They had a pile of anti gaspillage boxes at the till. I got 8kg of pot au feu veggies boxes for 1euro! I gave 2 to the lady our the front and have 3kg bubbling away as a soup (added potato from our garden) on the woodburner! Love a bargain :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

I managed to do a big shop today in LeClerc,first time I have walked for so long and so far in nearly 8 weeks. Having a pushchair helped except when my 8 month old grandaughter decided to pull things off shelves at her height. I was like a kid in a sweetshop after only one brief visit to Lidl a few weeks ago and noticed how many of the prices had increased yet again.

5 Likes

you must be thrilled to ā€œescapeā€ and trundle on your own two feetā€¦ well done.

3 Likes

Thank you, yes I was getting bad cabin fever as its been so warm outside for the past week and I feel I should be out there doing something useful on the land. Hoping to try to drive when family call next just in case I canā€™t manage it but the kinĆ© says it should be OK as the bones etc have healed now, just the swelling to go down.

4 Likes

Went to dentist as one of my incisors (fixed by my dentist after a lacrosse incident when I was 14 or 15) finally gave up the ghost (I bit an apple, it won) and I looked like a mediaeval crone or at best a pirate but all is ok now.

9 Likes

Sun! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Fabulous morning this morning, sunshine and autumn colours.

6 Likes

After a ghastly afternoon session with the conversation group (donā€™t ask) our evening session made me feel so much better. One of the two topics for discussion was (printed) newspapers in the UK and France - origins, degree of influence, readership etc. It caused a huge row on one table in the afternoon. In the evening we were trying to explain papers like The Sun to a lovely French lady, who ended up completely flabberghasted (what??? naked ladies in a newspaper??? magazines yes but newspapers??? and roared with laughter)

It brightened up the day no end, although we probably shouldnā€™t have gone on to try to explain the Daily Starā€¦ (we did have serious discussions as well, in case you think we are entirely frivolous)

2 Likes