Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

I didn’t know, but just found out from a friend, so every day I seem to be learning a little bit more :grin: but thanks for raising the point - much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

You’ll be amazed how crazy they go in a month or so!! :rofl: You need to check and pinch a couple of times a week :grinning:

3 Likes

and the results are so worthwhile
 nothing quite like a fresh tomato straight from the plant

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to all the veg that will hopefully be materializing, as I’ve tasted home grown before and always found they have so much more flavour :+1::+1: with everything I’ve planted, if it all comes good, could be overwhelmed :grin::grin:

But only if it’s an indeterminate variety!!

1 Like

Today was shaping up to be rubbish, but my darling daughter got medical test results back after a long anxious wait, the much hoped for news has ruled out cancer đŸ„č. Hopefully they will diagnose what the problem is soon but I’ll settle for what it’s not .

15 Likes

This skinny chap strolled into our house about three weeks ago, posted in the usual places but no response!
Because my mind has been scrambled with soo many RDV’s my kind neighbours took him to the vet for a check up. The good news is, pussy is fine and the neighbours want to adopt him
woohoo! He looks like a disney cat with the most beautiful blue eyes.

14 Likes

So cute!!! :heart_eyes:

And now an aubergine flower’s appeared :grin: excitement building :partying_face:

8 Likes

We were given a present of a box full of steak, bavettes and rumpsteak by the farmer who uses our field this morning.

8 Likes

Not the moment to consider becoming vegetarian then?

1 Like

The Greeks have a good recipe for the flowers, battered and deep fried. :smiley:

2 Likes

I love courgette flowers done like that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No, but I can honestly cut down on buying meat.
I had my first swim of the season today as well.

2 Likes

Ah
courgette flowers deepfried in a light batter. I finally saw the point of lazing on a deckchair under an umbrella on the beach when we stayed in Èze, went to a private beach (another new thing for me) near the hotel, and there were waiters running up and down bringing cold drinks and deep fried courgette flowers.

“I could get used to this.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But they are a bugger to do at home! I tried once and ended up with a mess. Now stick to fish and chips, and get my fried courgette flowers in a restaurant. I now shred the flowers and add them to salads.

2 Likes

I love Eze, I used to go often when I spent my summers in Cap d’Ail :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We do the same with acacia flowers. Never tried with courgettes!

5 Likes

Wow, this seems to have appeared very very quickly :flushed:

9 Likes

I grew tomatoes here many years ago and had such an overwhelming crop I didn’t know what to do with them all. In the end I made jars and jars of chutney, some of which are still cluttering up the place. Haven’t had the courage to try one yet. :roll_eyes:

1 Like