Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

We are going to stop using the little house as a gite and use it for our family only, so we no longer need a guest room in our house.
It will be wonderful to have everything in one place and to be able to file the multitude of papers one accumulated here in France.

Yes indeed! When we moved here, we got rid of most of our filing cabinets but I think a few more are definitely in order :smiley:

The effects of Covid are slowly easing. I managed to do a 3 hour hike today and I didnā€™t need to drive anywhere as itā€™s on my doorstep.

11 Likes

Well done Damaris! Itā€™s been along haul for you, hasnā€™t it?
Absolutely gorgeous scenery you have there, you lucky girl :smiley:

PS A few more doses of calcium via halloumi packs on Wednesday and youā€™ll be bounding around like a gazelle :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks Angela. Yes it seems to have taken forever but finally my lungs seem to be almost back to normal. Hereā€™s another one from today. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Well Iā€™m pretty sure halloumi is a miraculous cure as Iā€™ve been a lot better since I started eating it 2 weeks ago :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

There you are then - proof absolute! :rofl:

3 Likes

Today I got a text and an email from the interior ministry saying they were processing my driving licence application :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hang on - this thread is for good news, not reports of miracles!

5 Likes

I must admit I had a real problem believing it but they have quoted the correct application number and everything. My partner hasnā€™t got one so Iā€™m assuming they are starting with the ones that are about to run outā€¦

ANTS took a bashing on TFI last night, theyā€™re snowed under, nothing to do with Brexit and Brits, just snowed under with normal/French licences. But sounds like good news for you, Angela :smiley:

Iā€™m not surprised ANTS are having a problem - centralising the application process generally into one office in Nantes was a terribly bad idea. I wonder why there is this fixation about centralising everything being more ā€œefficientā€. ā€¦ Ah well, as you say, Andrew, itā€™s certainly promising!

1 Like

Just ā€œspokenā€ to Kim Cranstoun and it looks like itā€™s an automatic thing to keep the application alive rather than it just being automatically deleted, so not that promising after all :frowning:

Iā€™ll have to find something else cheerfulā€¦ :thinking:

The DVLA in Swansea covers the whole of the UK, I think, but the problem must be the amount of staff or not, as the case may be.

Iā€™m sure you are right, Jane! ā€œnotā€ being the most likely event :roll_eyes:
(Oopsā€¦ negativeā€¦ off hunting to see if I can find something good to report on)

1 Like

This is a windup, right?
How long since you submitted the application?

Im in the Algarve its hot and Sunny. This morning i left a purse containing 100 euros in a cafƩ and a Portugese man grandes it in to thƩ cafƩ owner :grinning:

4 Likes

No, not a windup BUT not what I thought it was either :frowning: - My second application went in in October last year and the experts tell me that the notification I received this morning is just an indication that itā€™s still in the system. Better than nothing though :thinking:

I am now researching driving tests and find that itā€™s looking more possible than I thought. I shall be going down that route in parallelā€¦

That is wonderful, Anne! So lovely that people are honest like thatā€¦

Worth checking your ANTS account Angela :crossed_fingers: