Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Quite a queue tonight, happy sailing.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll be us on Monday! Put my visa to the test.

1 Like

When we collected cabin key there was a sign notifying arrival as 5am French time, rather than the 6am expected. It lied. :rage:

The sign had been replaced with the correct 6am time this morning.

1 Like

French efficiency for you, hopefully you slept until the alarm tune.

Sleep is something I understand some people enjoy. :wink:

Because of the early start we chose the route around Paris and that saved an hour or some and some extra miles. Weā€™ve been shopping and are now in (grateful the house is still seemingly ok) and eating lunch.

I had no idea there were such nice bits countryside around Dieppe. Good to be back in the Morvan though.

6 Likes

Welcome back home.

3 Likes

Mitochondria Need Their Sleep :sleeping::grin:

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a posh new stretch of dual carriageway down towards Rouen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our especially cheerful news was that the new pellet stove fired up first go, and is now warming the chilly kitchen. 8 degrees when got here, now up to about 14ish and getting better. Once the room is warm weā€™ll probably open the door to the stairs and let the heating up there.

6 Likes

Where abouts?

Surprise gift from my niece arrived todayā€¦

13 Likes

Just popped back for a look, but where are the eggs? They were obvious earlier?

A couple of days ago now but we signed compromis de vente. After a lot of looking, some of it in the wrong place :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Congratulations in that case. I thought you must own already, but maybe you were more sensible about it than sone of us.

1 Like

Your post takes me right back to back in the day - but Iā€™m not sure my being reminded of those days merits a ā€˜likeā€™!

OTOH, glad youā€™ve got to your French place - itā€™s a great feelingā€¦

1 Like

I think theyā€™ve moved then to the left into the corner- maybe because of the weather :thinking:

1 Like

Just slower perhaps ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a new stretch of the N127 between Arques-la-Bataille down to (roughly) Catteville. At least it was new to me when I suddenly encountered it last September, I donā€™t know when it opened!

Ah yes, I know that bit. Smooths it out nicely now.

Did my dĆ©claration dā€™impĆ“ts online and feel very virtuous now it is done :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes