Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

@Lily Tomorrow if I can, but 2 dogs and 1 camera is not easy for a man with less than 3 hands. :rofl:

2 Likes

We have just picked up this year’s brochure from the Tourist Information place for the series of subsidised cultural activities during the winter sponsored by the Departement. We are so looking forward to going to some of these as they are of an astounding standard, often with internationally renowned artistes.

For anyone who is in Manche or nearby, they are wll worth going to. @andyw is particularly lucky this year as a lot of them are going to be held near him!

https://www.manche.fr/culture/ville-en-scene-festival-manche.aspx

P.S. They start next week and we have our eyes on one already

4 Likes

If you haven’t already visited, there are a few now in the dogs only pictures thread. :wink:

First walk for Noubia alone this morning, for training purposes. In the field on the 30m lunge she did not wander away from me, which made recall training difficult, so I was forced to walk away from her. This didn’t trouble her and I was pleased to see early signs of her response to the whistle, voice and my jumping up and down and waving arms like a giant bird’s wings. :rofl:

5 Likes

Another great welcoming

5 Likes

Irish Wolfhound?

Lucky you.
We do have concerts here, the last one I looked at was 12 euros for people on chomage, and 24 euros for others! in a local Church.

These are, I think, 9 euros and less if you are young or unemployed or whatever. They are absolutely marvellous!

We were only saying a little bit earlier that, normally, the onset of autumn and winter marks the end of an enjoyable summer but for us this year, summer was not enjoyable and the onset of autumn/winter is bringing the restart of our choir involvement, the wonderful concerts/theatre/circus/etc things that are available, the fish in the market today was plentiful and fresh and lots of varieties just coming into season, the first fire is going in our woodburner
 life is good! :smiley:

No. She’s part Pyrenees Shepherd the shaggy part but crossed with a long nosed taller shepherd. Collie or Aussie maybe. Pyrenees Shepherd is typically shorter with stubby nose although long nose also exist. She’s definitely a Shepherd though.

1 Like

Had a phone call from a neighbour
 inviting us for dinner tonight

not sure whether it’s her grandson or son who’s visiting but we know all the family so it’ll be great fun with whoever

No idea what we’ll be eating, but anything I haven’t cooked myself will be a wonderful treat.

Hurrah.

4 Likes

Absolutely my principle :smiley:

1 Like

Hi

Went to see Couleur Terre last week, very entertaining and GRATUITE

Going to see Fourth moon next week for 9 euros each

Cannot recommend it too much.

Andy

1 Like

Just sent you a PM about Fourth Moon :smiley: Shame I missed Couleur Terre but when we got the Villes en Scene brochure, the nice people at the tourist place gave us several other brochures regarding local events too and some of those look good as well. Not as cheap as Villes en Scene but still pretty good!

And no washing up to do.

1 Like

Another free spectacle! Lots of street theatre around too. So after 18 months it was so nice to look at something that was not a tree!

6 Likes

Just received my new Barclaycard - sent to me here in France.

see Barclaycard closing our a/cs on November 16th!

I have received notification that Tesco are cancelling our credit card as no longer live in UK - not an issue as haven’t used it in years.

My border collie pupster’s mum just gained a first at the midland Border Collie show handled by the same 11 year old who just gained my pupster’s brother his qualification for Crufts 2022
.:slightly_smiling_face:

(His mum gained her Crufts certificate before she had pups but good to know she’s still qualifying and helping a young handler with her confidence :heart:)

Here’s my reprobate for comparison
one of these pics makes me think he was auditioning for The Shining :grinning:

(Deleted the photos as I am informed there’s an error in my uploads :thinking:)

4 Likes

Please try again Helen, this is one of the easiest sites to get photos onto. :wink: :grinning:

2 Likes

Last Saturday, I played in my first-ever repetition (rehearsal) with the orchestre (town band) I’m joining. The repetitions started in mid-September, but I had to miss the first ones. It was such a good feeling to get to practice in person with other musicians. Though I didn’t have to wear my mask while trying to play
 Even so I do think I can appreciate what you felt. Cheers.

2 Likes

Yes, that is soooo cool! That took years for all of the legal permission to finally go through, I think, did it not? And Christo has passed away, so it’s great they kept at it and made it happen. And, the plastic covering is supposed to be recyclable. Thank you for the photo!!!

2 Likes