Any Chess Players?

Started as a kid , chess and draughts… played until early 20’s I suppose, then zilch… other things took priority.

OH made a board and chess pieces (about 100 years ago :rofl: ) which we recently discovered, at the bottom of a packing case in the loft. It now has been brought back into the light of day… but not got around to using it yet.

1.c4 :uk::thinking:

I used to play chess many many years ago, always thought I was quite good until I joined a local chess club and then realised I was rubbish. :astonished:

I played as a kid and then on and off.
I now play online using an APP on my Android phone (chess time) and iPad (SocialChess)

Haven’t played in years, but used to play (and lose) a lot in my younger years.

I enjoy playing even tho’ i’m a load of rubbish at it !!

OH used to play. He tried to teach me,but soon realised I was a lost cause :wink:

We plan to have regular chess sessions this winter… very rusty at the moment, hope to improve over the coming months, once Christmas is out of the way…

4 Likes

My dad taught me when I was 6 or7 . For that reason I was always board No. 1 in the chess team, as well as being the only girl.
I will always remember Mr Falmer the club teacher at Hangleton, he was a real inspiration to me and many others.
In comprehensive there was no chess club, I have played it only a handful of times since .
I tried teaching my OH of French rural background but no joy.
I hate the computer programmes. Face to face is the only true way to play.