Any interesting cars you have had and enjoyed

Long Eaton Archers, was that the name of the speedway team then? Sad that its no more though, but with both speedway and stock cars long out of fashion, I am hardly surprised. :frowning_face:

The speedway team spardo, lots of wednesday nights as a teenager watching that, not much else to do really

Hope you haven’t got a black face…oops, forgot what decade I’m in for a moment, my late Mum went as a teenager every week to Bellevue and always came home covered in cinders. :laughing:

And as to not much else to do, there was an indoor roller skating rink in Long Eaton, bet that’s all gone now too. :frowning_face:

The black face was part of it, I don’t remember the roller rink , the outdoor swimming pool not far from the stadium, that was sold off and is now indoor bowls club.

Not sure if it counts as interesting, let alone as a car.
My first ‘car’ was a Berkeley T60 - made by Berkeley caravans.
They should have stuck to caravans…

1 Like

I tearfully left this behind in England!

2 Likes

Not sure if it counts as interesting, let alone as a car.

Aah, but definitely “interesting”!

hello fellow survivors. I haven’t written on this site before now. my beloved husband (who was a huge Citroen fan all his life) died last November after losing his battle with cancer. I have obtained French probate and can now sell the C6 exclusive automatic {Autumn 2009, done about 93,000 miles/149,000kms} that was his pride and joy. In great condition silver exterior black/charcoal interior. I live near Ste Foy la Grande [about an hour from Bordeaux and 30 minutes from Bergerac] and you would need to collect the car from me here in beautiful SW France. It was purchased from UK (donc, rt hand drive ~ which is much better to keep an eye on those dangerous ditches on rural lanes!), imported into France and now has French plates etc. Mel was I believe the 2nd careful, reverant owner. He adored the car and would want it to go to another big fan, especially as he deemed it to be “the last vrai Citroen”. If anyone is interested in buying his much loved last Citroen, please contact me hope you don’t mind me using this site like this ~ it is very hard for me to Survive in France without the love of my life, best friend and soulmate. thank you, Nikki.

Hi Nikki

Sorry to hear about your husband. I’ve removed your email address so you don’t get spammed.

Would you like me to modify this account to your name?

Thanks
James

2 Likes

The front end had promise … I assume the hinges back were after a liquid lunch :wink:

What a really sad post Nikki, and you have all my sympathy, I hope you can survive and put your life together again despite all you now have to do which must keep reminding you of the better times.

Regarding the car, I too am a Citroen fan, but not in the market for another one. If you can manage it, do you think a photo, or photos, of his car would help to sell it?