Any recommendations?

We’re in the market for a new front and back door. We’re thinking PVC for durability.
Having had a quick look on their websites (Leroy Merlin, Lapeyre) I can’t make out if they come with a frame and what furniture is included.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a store please. We are in the Parthenay area.
Thank you.

Yes they come with a frame you usually have to choose the furniture style not included in the price of the door, be careful of the height and whether left or right opening, when ordering. The last I bought was from Point P.

And whether inwards or outwards - I got it wrong and OH had to lug them back to Castorama with apologies. :roll_eyes:

I’d avoid Lapeyre. We had no choice but to buy our back door from them as no-one else did the style required. It’s not wearing well, which, considering that it was considerably more expensive than their concurrents, is disappointing.

3 Likes

Hardwood’s pretty durable, probably ages better and usually looks a bit more up-market (investment for when you sell).

Over the years, I’ve probably bought a few thousand for works projects, and many a subcontractor has had to do the same, just because they hadn’t read the plans or the scope properly.

1 Like

I used my village menuisier last time in the old house, they did a beautiful job as it was a very large opening, made the frame and I supplied the door which OH had in stock in his workshop and was still wrapped (solid oak too). They did all the fitting, put the five point lock in, siliconed the edges and left it clean. Price comparable with getting anyone else in too and you have the knowledge they will come round if there are any future problems.

Thank you all for your replies but I’m still at a loss as to where to go and what material to go for. The main thing is we want value for money so we will continue looking, including visiting local stores. In the meantime, if anyone has any more ideas we’d love to hear from you.