Any TV Techs in the house?

I’ve just moved the TV from one room to the next and something has gone awry with red pixelation on some blacks it looks like. I’m assuming that something has been disturbed while moving it but, before I open it for a prod around the connections, does anyone have any ideas?

I am far from an expert, but I had similar a while back - in my case, Samsung said it was sub pixelation or some such geeky name, fixed by resetting the TV to factory settings.

Check that the HDMI lead is plugged in fully at both ends.

5 Likes

If you are using an external source like satellite decoder this might well be the cause.

Handily, it’s a Samsung so I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

I’ve tried different devices and different cables with no change.

It’s similar on the TVs menu screens.

It possible the HDMI cable has been damaged, and this is causing the effect.

We had similar, and a new hdmi cable fixed it

1 Like

Interesting jacket…

1 Like

I don’t know how to fix your problem but it was a great result, huh?

2 Likes

Being a rugby ignoramus, I assumed you were referring to the jacket’s unintended special effects, which made me think this was a lot less onerous than taking LSD. Ah well…

1 Like

Back to the TV, probably some internal connector has been disturbed.

Use it as an excuse to get a new set :slight_smile:

1 Like

In that case it’s something inside the TV. Could it have been knocked when you moved it? I think a factory reset is the best move unless you feel like getting very techy and tracking down the faulty component or board.

I have no practical suggestions to make, only to offer sympathies as my Samsung TV died a couple of weeks ago - it was only about 3 years old so I was not best pleased.

It just refused to switch on one day for no obvious reason. Little red light came on but not the screen. Factory reset did nothing,

It was one of their budget range but I would have expected it to last longer.

I now have a posh LG C3 OLED which is a much better TV (better picture quality and much more responsive menu system) - as it should be for almost 3 times the price of the dead Samsung.

I’m not sure how repairable these things are - probably not very.

Definitely, even through red sparkles

1 Like

I like the way you think.

I can’t complain about this one as it’s about 16 years old and has been through a number of house moves.

1 Like

I took the back off this morning and switched it on so I could have a prod about and see what can be done. Of course, when I switched it on, all was perfect. I guess whatever was disturbed became undisturbed when I took the back off.

I suppose I’d better cancel the order for the Carlos Fandango* telly.

*For those of a certain age.

2 Likes

It’ll be an internal connector somewhere that has been slightly dislodged and not correctly seated. Possibly a ribbon style one. If it happens again take the back off and gently wiggle any connectors. Alternatively, just use the engineers solution … if in doubt give it a clout.