Any views on Andrew lawsuit?

Because she has to make an official complaint Jane and she doesn’t want to do that as sadly, money seems to be her prime motive here.

1 Like

Anne Sacoolas, pretend diplomat and killer of Harry Dunn. Seems to me fair to swap Andy for Anne.

3 Likes

‘doesn’t it feel wrong somehow that any bimbo can obtain a photo of one of us and doctor it onto a nubile youngster just to make some dosh?’

No one has contested the veracity of the photo, or when it was taken. The location and occasion are well-documented. Also, it’s self- evidently not Photo-shopped, if you used Photoshop, you’d realise it’s very difficult to do a convincing photo-collage decades after the event that would successfully resemble the Andrew photo - I’ve been using Photoshop since 1992 (though not for anything like this!).

6 Likes

8 Likes

In theory Jane if she wanted to see them punished she would go through a court case but if you were in that position you’d realise how difficult and expensive it can actually be and that’s the stumbling block. It may not just be about money but she may feel getting a settlement is a form of punishment enough and the lesser damaging of the two for her, emotionally and financially.

Maybe.
Weinstein was found guilty and Maxwell is awaiting trial, so she has precedents.

He was very stupid, and probably didn’t check her age or the local law, relying on what he had been told. She was stupid and probably ‘star’ struck. Now all she’s after is a bigger pay day.

2 Likes

I think that’s a bit cynical Stephen. If it was my daughter I’d want his testicles ripped off :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

cooked and served with piquant sauce, John? :yum:

2 Likes

Which probably or definately means nothing to see here, move along. She is totally unfit for purpose and will succumb to ensure she keeps the Dame title.

4 Likes

the title is secure Roger… only the Sovereign can can remove it and she’ll soon be joining her other predecessors in the HoL soon anyway when her current contract ends :wink:
Not normally my reading material but the Mail Online has a view:

1 Like

Graham, I know, and that is why nothing will happen from the Met. The statement was like so many others from this woman, all blah blah and then " and the next please". Unfortunately, the Met has lost all its credibility of yesteryears charm.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if his older brother has already done that. He must be sick of picking up the pieces all the time. Mind you, it makes a change from ‘off with his head’. :laughing:

Now there is another woman claiming, just before the end of the time allowance for ancient sex cases to be taken to court, who is claiming that Bob Dylan kept her prisoner, aged 12, for six weeks continually abusing her.
Dylan vehemently denies this.

Yes I did read that article Jane… it affected her so badly that it took 56 years to complain about it…

4 Likes

Terrible if it’s true. But 1965 ! How on earth will they prove that ? These days it’s hard enough to prove something that happened last week, unless there is forensic evidence. It seems that people pick a rich public figure and accuse them at random, although they do of course have the monetary means, and the opportunities. Sex crimes are very difficult to investigate and prove, and very traumatic for the genuine victims. Those who cry wolf, are making life very difficult for victims, and also for the investigators. Add to that a very bad (in my opinion) justice system, and genuine victims have a hard time, added to what they have already been through. Very few ever fully recover.

Bring back Jack Warner.

2 Likes

Anyone ever wonder why Lemmy or Gene Simmons never seemed to attract this sort of thing, despite the thousands of women each claimed to have bedded.

the last really good Commissioner in my opinion was John Stevens
A real “coppers copper” who earned his respect from the ranks

1 Like

Read here about civil vs criminal proceedings in U.S. I’m American and hope Maxwell will be forthcoming during her trial about illegal activities she and Epstein ran, the other high-profile men who participated (including Prince Andrew) and the girls taken advantage of. Expect she’ll deliver something as a plea bargain at the very least.