Anyone else a gilet jaune?

Thanks for the explanation.
Reading from this, in a very diluted form why not give it a try. If in the form presented I envisage a lot of in fighting twixt various different gilet jeunes movements & the Unions all looking for power, at the lest going into Communism & we all know where we end up!

OK Graham stop it - thatā€™s twice in the last hour !

pmsl :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a planā€¦Iā€™m going to put on my Jilly Jones (only that!) tomorrow morning and set fire to the mountain of garden rubbish and tyres that I need to get rid of. Iā€™m going to hold up a sign that says ā€˜Macron DĆ©missionā€™, dance around the fire and, should a gendarme / flic ask me what Iā€™m doing - Iā€™ll tell 'em - Iā€™m demonstrating! Itā€™s my right! Cā€™est normal! Jā€™ai le droit! Then - weā€™ll all have a nice cuppa, some lovely charcuterie, a few glasses of the old vin rouge / eau de vie and stop a few passing motorists and ask them to sign a bit of toilet paper. Lovely day ahead :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

8 Likes

You may want to give people more than an hour to reply, and allā€¦ you know :wink:

To put it back on track: no, I have not put on a yellow vest. Neither do I have one on display in my car. Way back when the GJ first began, I could understand the reasons, but as of late the GJ movement has been hijacked by people who are just out to riot.

After the 2nd time one of the GJ tried opening my car door while I was stopped at one of their blockages, I lost sympathy - because there are a few things you just donā€™t do, and trying to get into someoneā€™s car without invitation is one of them. (Alternatively itā€™s a good way to get yourself hurtā€¦)

So I donā€™t wear one, I donā€™t put one in my car (besides, the ones I have are orange), and frankly donā€™t care one way or the other because politics do not interest me in the least, so whatever Macron does or doesnā€™t do, so be it :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinkingā€¦ @anon43931645 (who joined us fairly recently!) is possibly more of a Jean de Boisā€¦or am I being a dick ?

He joined 3 hours ago and is already complaining that there were not answers quick enough to the post ā€¦ On verra !

2 Likes

Can you tell me what a gilet jaune is? It seems that they are anti an awful lot of totally contradictory things, and have no positive and realistic suggestions about what changes are requred whilst still keeping the economy and public services functioning?

Whilst I started off being supportive of the broad idea that the rural population was being overlooked in policy terms I quickly lost patience. Yes france should do what it can to maintain standards, but not at all costs. They seem to be living in a parallel unicorn world next to the Brexiteers.

2 Likes

You may be on to something thereā€¦ :wink:

At least heā€™s not pestering everyone by repeatedly bumping the topic so I guess itā€™s not all bad :smiley:

1 Like

What Ben? That Iā€™m being or dick or heā€™s really a Jean de Bois ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Putting me on the spot there mate! :smiley:

But I was referring to Jean de Bois :smiley:

2 Likes

Its been 30 years i have lived in France and find it surprsing that some of you have not intergrated & seem not to take an interest in the country were you live and pay taxes

Really - what makes you think that Johnny? Help me out - ā€˜integratedā€™ means what exactly? Are we possibly talking solidaritĆ© ? That old chestnutā€¦

1 Like

Do you know a lot of people on here then?

1 Like

Oh dear
Sounds like ā€œwhoā€™s been on here the longest ?ā€
Isnā€™t really any need for stuff to take that tone.
Peoplesā€™ ideas of integration differā€¦John may have different views from others on here, but if we all thought the same way, weā€™d all soon get very bored with the whole thingā€¦
For the record, (not that it matters) our GJā€™s have been well behaved & apolitical from the outset. If anyone has had bad experiences with them, then thatā€™s probably down to individual members of the movement & doesnā€™t reflect the sentiments behind itā€¦
You may not like what John says, but courtesy costs nothingā€¦even at current exchange rates

3 Likes

[/quote]

pmsl :wink:
[/quote]

I have a lot of sympathy with people who experience this symptom of genito-urinary disorder, and some of us know itā€™s associated in men with later-age prostatism, and occurs not infrequently after bladder-neck surgery.

Wetting which is both uncomfortable and embarrasing for people of all genders (and none) can nowadays be managed by wearing small absorbent aids, cheap (especially Utile* own-brand) odourless, inconspicuous and comfortable to wear in anticipation of particularly mirthful comments in SFN, or over-long shopping trips to the many french supermarkets lacking rest-rooms.

I, and possibly other particuliers, know all this. :joy: (knees together and tighten those sphincters all of us) :grimacing:

• Advert alert.
1 Like

Yep - asked him to clarify them

Yep - I did and therefore my views are formed by my experience. Apologies for that - canā€™t help it and didnā€™t like it.

I donā€™t - is that ok ?

Known as emergency pants!
I have a problem if I eat too much gluten, then it is diarrhoea and you never know when you will be affected.
I use them on long car journeys.

1 Like

No, but I might start wearing a red scarf.
The number of people that have been intimidated, the damage done to property, businesses and, therefore, other peopleā€™s jobs has made me lose the sympathy I had with the original protest.

Actually Peter, my condition is managed by the use of auto-sondage - the sonds provided foc by the State.

1 Like