Anyone from Bristol?

A colleague is going to Bristol for a few days in October and asked me if I could ask for any recommendations for a B&B or reasonably priced hotel. She's also asked if there is anything she should see / do whilst she is there?

As I haven't been to Bristol for about twenty years, I'm hoping some of you lovely people can help!

Thanks!

fine will do...

Please tell them thank you!

Friends OH followed up with this today......

Holiday Inn Express and Travel Lodge are as cheap as a B&B and usually better placed. There is a Holiday Inn Express in the centre near Broadmead Shopping Centre and short walk from Harvey Nicks for shopping and also good for transport to all the other places. Tell them not to miss the SS Great Britain and the Matthew, the dock area which has been renovated and has a museum and cafes in abundance. Also don’t miss walking over the Clifton Suspension Bridge and on the south side of the river to go to the Observatory which has a Camera Obscura which is one of a kind and is a really interesting bit of Victoriana. There is also a staircase down the cliffs from there to a viewpoint and a little cavern which I think was used during the Civil War for religious services (not sure about my information on that!)

Other than that tell them to go to Bath – much more of interest there and just a half hour drive or even less by train. The railway station is also not too far from the Holiday Inn express.

Brilliant - thanks Carol! xx

ok...was told that B and Bs all tend to be out of the centre of Bristol.....so a goodly walk in...but there are some good budget hotels...Hotel24seven...that has parking, wifi, dvds, tvs etc...most things and places within 20 minute walk at most...harbourside 10 mins walk...from £35 a night...Holiday Inn from £55 opposite Temple Meads......Ibis Bristol Temple Meads...from £39....as far as out and about...Bristol is a bit of a moving feast....but they suggested using this site....which will tell your friend what is on when they are visiting... http://visitbristol.co.uk/

Thank you my lovely!

our best friends here come from Bristol and we are out with them tonight at a restaurant..will get the info from them and let you have it tomorrow...