Anyone sending a son or daughter off to a French University In A Few Weeks?

Our daughter Eve is off to La Rochelle to study English and Chinese.

Is anyone else on the network sending a child off?

We’ve just started packing - Firstly the kitchen ware, some toiletries and some larder staples - we figured doing a bit every day would break the job down a bit.

Luckily, we have a spare room to put everything in as we box and bag it up - let’s hope there’s enough room in there for all her clothes!

yes of course

Gosh - what a coincidence!
Can I private message you so I can give you Eve’s e mail address, so they can get in touch before they start?
It is always good to know one or two people in advance
Thanks

Hi Helen

Our daughter is also going to La Rochelle doing the same course She is going to be renting a room in La rochelle town centre.

Today an Amazon package came with some ‘French/Mandarin’ books - I had a quick look, and all I can say is ‘OMG!!!’ Good luck to them both.

Yes, she is, and she also speaks Spanish to a high level. I think the Chinese will be a big life challenge for her.
Also, agree about the shortage of Grandfather clocks at Ikea - they just sell all the wrong things!

Sounds fantastic!! And you might be hard pushed to find a piano or a grandfather clock at Ikea if you suddenly needed one. Hope she has a good time.
How long as she lived in France? I assume she is already bi-lingual. She has a fantastic future ahead with such good language skills.

Yes, I remember my frequent visits to Ikea when the eldest went to uni in the UK.
We have found and exceptional place for her - a fully furnished house with everything she needs - It belongs to an elderly couple who have gone into a retirement home and the daughter is renting it out to help pay for the home fees.
It is delightfully old fashioned, but has everything, including a piano and grandfather clock!

Havn’t done this with a French university, just the English variety. Bet you still have to find the nearest Ikea though!! bon courage!!