Anyone sending a son or daughter off to a French University In A Few Weeks?

(Helen Aurelius-Haddock) #1

Our daughter Eve is off to La Rochelle to study English and Chinese.

Is anyone else on the network sending a child off?

We’ve just started packing - Firstly the kitchen ware, some toiletries and some larder staples - we figured doing a bit every day would break the job down a bit.

Luckily, we have a spare room to put everything in as we box and bag it up - let’s hope there’s enough room in there for all her clothes!

(Jeannie Clark) #2

yes of course

(Helen Aurelius-Haddock) #3

Gosh - what a coincidence!
Can I private message you so I can give you Eve’s e mail address, so they can get in touch before they start?
It is always good to know one or two people in advance
Thanks

(Jeannie Clark) #4

Hi Helen

Our daughter is also going to La Rochelle doing the same course She is going to be renting a room in La rochelle town centre.

Today an Amazon package came with some ‘French/Mandarin’ books - I had a quick look, and all I can say is ‘OMG!!!’ Good luck to them both.

(Helen Aurelius-Haddock) #5

Yes, she is, and she also speaks Spanish to a high level. I think the Chinese will be a big life challenge for her.
Also, agree about the shortage of Grandfather clocks at Ikea - they just sell all the wrong things!

(Sandy Whitehead) #6

Sounds fantastic!! And you might be hard pushed to find a piano or a grandfather clock at Ikea if you suddenly needed one. Hope she has a good time.
How long as she lived in France? I assume she is already bi-lingual. She has a fantastic future ahead with such good language skills.

(Helen Aurelius-Haddock) #7

Yes, I remember my frequent visits to Ikea when the eldest went to uni in the UK.
We have found and exceptional place for her - a fully furnished house with everything she needs - It belongs to an elderly couple who have gone into a retirement home and the daughter is renting it out to help pay for the home fees.
It is delightfully old fashioned, but has everything, including a piano and grandfather clock!

(Sandy Whitehead) #8

Havn’t done this with a French university, just the English variety. Bet you still have to find the nearest Ikea though!! bon courage!!