Anyone used LeBonCoin recently to sell an item?

I haven’t used LBC for a while, and am completely flummoxed by their new approach to delivery.

Want to advertise a set of tyres….not exactly something that is easy to pop in the post! However I can’t seem to avoid it having “livraison possible” and secure payment on line on the listing.

How can I post an item as one used to - collection only for cash?

We haven’t sold anything Jane but are in the process of buying something. The sellers told us they wouldn’t accept payment via bon coin as they had lost money previously but their ad did say paiement securisee. Could you put in the ad that delivery isn’t possible and that you won’t accept paiement securisee?

We could, but then if someone just pays online for the sum that includes delivery we would be legally obliged to honour that?

Half the ads for tyres have delivery possible, and half don’t. So there must be a way round it somehow! Their own FAQs have no answer….

I have always ignored the ‘delivery options’ part.
If someone responds asking for delivery (no-one ever has in the ads I have posted) then you can tell them that delivery is not an option or you can agree a price and means of doing so then.
I strongly recommend you withold your phone number from the ad, and at the bottom put; ‘Premier contact par email uniquement svp’. I find this deters most commercial callers and scammers as they don’t seem to like putting anything in writing.
I maintain this method of contact with potential buyers until I get what I consider a serious offer, only then will I give my phone number.
Don’t worry if someone lodges the payment for your item through LBC. You do not have to accept it. LBC give you 48 hours to accept the payment. If you don’t respond the payment is cancelled automatically, you do not have to do anything.

5 Likes

I sold a friends car and couldn’t work out how to take off the delivery option either!!

Oh good, I was worried I’d missed something!

There must be a way though as there are some without the ‘livraison possible’ label. I’ve found it very frustrating as I’ve just been trying to buy a replacement cover for my sofa and one has that it can be sent but I wanted to double check and they haven’t got back to me so I guess that they won’t send it. The other set the lady happily sent.

I may have found how to do it via a Google search. In the payment options and/or when you create an ad, you verify that “remise en main propre” is activated, then in the “livraison” options, you unselect all the delivery options.
(I admit I’m not sure how i got the “remise en main propre” option activated in my profile!) Good luck… Acheteur : Qu'est-ce que la remise en main propre ? – Leboncoin Centre d'aide

And this is how to remove the online payment option :

The removal of this seems only to be for professional sellers. And I tried your other approach and no joy….quite the reverse I was charged 2.50€ for modifying the advert!

Oh dear, terribly sorry to hear that, Jane! Indeed, i tried it on an ad that wasn’t published yet…

1 Like

Just in the middle of selling a couple of things after a bit of a clear out - added the items on leboncoin, figured out how to remove the delivery option, but what I still see activated is ‘remise en main propre’. I understood this to mean that the seller is willing to hand deliver, which I’m not.

Am I understanding this correctly, and if so, has anyone worked out how to deactivate it???

I thought that meant pick-up.

1 Like

Ah, that would make sense - thanks alot :+1::grin:

1 Like

My wife sells and buys all the time on LBC. She hoped these two screenshots might help…

1 Like

A useful thread….must have another go at getting rid of an extra set of wheels we no longer need.

1 Like

Managed to upload but did have some issues with file size of photos, but now solved as managed to find an app that compresses iphone pics :+1: why do apple create such enormous file sizes for pics :thinking: or at least give an option to reduce file sizes.

Well, more very interesting interaction with leboncoin buyers :grin: one of the more interesting questions was from someone asking if the car diagnostic tool I was selling would be able to reduce the kilometres on a vehicle…………really :thinking:

1 Like