Anyone Using Sosh?

Help please!
Received my Sosh SIM and letter telling me I have a temporary phone number until my current number is carried forward onto my Samsung on 16th Dec.
Activated the Sosh SIM.
Put it in the phone, so I now have 2 SIMs (Reglo and Sosh)
My Samsung says “SIM locked” and asks me to put in a PIN. So I put in the PIN I created when I only had the Reglo SIM. Samsung phone says “PIN incorrect, only 2 more tries”.
So I’ve panicked and taken the Sosh SIM out left the Reglo SIM and I’m back to a phone that’s happy with the PIN I first created.
I don’t have a PIN for the Sosh SIM. What do I do?

Check with Sosh & ask if it is supplied with a default PIN

Otherwise it could be the phone that is locked?

This page might help

@anon88169868 Thanks for the link Paul. I’ll wait to see if anyone who has a Sosh SIM remembers what happened with theirs.
As I only have two more tries I need to proceed cautiously. If there is a default PIN I would have expected an email to confirm what it is.
Off to buy more trees so will come back to this later. :slight_smile:

@anon88169868 Thanks again Paul. Found that 0000 is the default PIN for unlocking a SIM card, so on my second attempt (with some trepidation) found it worked and I now have a SOSH SIM that is activated and picking up Orange 4G, so for the first time in the 13 years we have lived in this house I have a mobile phone that works indoors! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Just to update - phone number from “old” mobile phone successfully transferred to Sosh SIM yesterday. All in all, with some help from SF, (thank you) the process has gone well.

Interestingly, the phone we have with a SOSH sim is the one that won’t work in the house! We can get a signal (sometimes) on the vodaphone sim. Now why is that? Isn’t it the network that governs whether we get a signal not the sim card??

(And yes pin number for sosh sim is 0000

In the case of Reglo and Sosh each are “tied” to a specific network. Reglo is tied to SFR, which has no coverage in our house (though does in the gite). Sosh is tied to Orange, which does give us coverage in the house and in the cottage.
When we first got our Reglo SIMs at Leclerc some years back nobody explained this to us.

Are they both truly unlimited though, I thought they had 200-250GB cap limits on them.

if you’re using that much data on your cell phone then I think you need a broadband connection.
Or consider getting outdoors and turning off your phone more often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Phone used as a hotspot as land line speed is dire, 87 year old FIL watches Sky Go and Virgin media Go as he cannot get out, we both use at night it as we are both retired.
We are both quite active renovating the buildings on our farm so no need to be condisending by suggesting we need to get out more :wink:

1 Like

If I use the My SOSH app and I want to do things it stays within SOSH but on the web site it goes to Orange. Same info though.

I live in Paris and have a new Sosh account. Everything works fine except that I can not get a Sosh/Orange wifi signal in most locations. I get a signal when I’m in the 5th where we live but not in many other arrondissements. Is there something I’m missing on setup maybe? Thanks for any help.

When I got my Sosh account the default was automatically 0000. Each time I turn my phone off then back on I have to put in this code. It can be changed but so far I’ve just left it as is, again: 0000

Me too Don

Have you tried their “chat” helpline? I find them very helpful.
There are also websites that show you the cover of 4G although I can’t believe Orange doesn’t have good cover in Paris!
Checking our 4G cover on a map showed that we are on the edge of SFR and hence explained why we couldn’t use our Reglo SIMs (they are on the SFR network) and we so changed to Sosh and Orange, which does cover our house (just!)

Thanks Sue, I didn’t know about the chat. Yes it is very strange with my phone. I go just about anywhere in Paris and turn on wifi and Orange rarely pops up as an option. It works in the apartment but we have wifi in the apartment already. Thank you

1 Like

Does orange come up if you come off the automatically select a network and manually search for a network provider, is it on the list .

WE don’t have that option Colin with Sosh. It is only on Orange.

We are with le french mobile which is orange, it sometimes will not connect if the network selection is left on automatic, if you do a search manually orange 4g pops up on the list and selecting that always connects ok, go back to auto select and it doesn’t.
With Android you can change between auto or manual selection of a network and I take it apple are the same.

1 Like

Thanks Colin, I tried that at one point without success but will give it another try today.
Thank you, Don