Anyone with gite in Poitou-Charentes or Vendee region pls?

Hi there,

We’re thinking of moving our current main home with gite business to the regions in the title and I’d like to chat it over with someone who’s already there so if there is anybody out there willing to give me a few minutes of their time to talk, I’d be very grateful!

Thanks in advance, Danielle

Poitou-Charentes is the old administrative name for the department which now comprises la Charente (16), la Charente-Maritime (17), les Deux-Sèvres (79) et la Vienne (86).
The Vendée départment is actually Pays de la Loire.
You might wish to adjust your Topic title accordingly to reflect where you want to be.

Thanks Graham, we’re trying not to limit our research too much at the moment so we’ve been looking at all these areas. We need to balance accessibility, property prices and potential gite occupation rates.

However, in practical terms, Charente-Maritime is going to be out of our budget and The Vendée we included for tourism interest but it doesn’t seem to be turning up many properties that would correspond (we’re not excluding it for the time being though).

I think our main centres of interest are going to be Deux-Sèvres and Vienne, depending on whether the income from buying a property with existing or ‘nearly ready’ gites and our appreciation of what actually living there will be like, match with our potential budget.

I’ve found a lengthy list of both estate agents and property management companies on AngloInfo, so I’m going to start phoning around to see if they’re happy to let me pick their brains.

But, as always, I appreciate the honesty and trustworthiness of SFN members’ input so am hoping somewhere out there can provide input!

1 Like