April comfort my travel PHI

Maybe a question for your healthcare expert.

I have a Mytravel 12 month cover whilst waiting to join CPAM.

I called the adviser help.line to see if i would be covered to purchase pharmacy items including a urine test as believed i had UTI ( lol sorry personal info) Adviser informed me yes covered up to 100 in a year.
Went to pharmacy who couldnt do test as said needed my carte vitale. I dont think she understood i was going to claim privately.

Anyway so she recommended over the counter meds inc Paracetamol, some meds for stopping pain and cy flush ( seem to be craberry based capsules.
Now i could understand if April refused whole claim but they have paid two items but not the one pharmacist said not covered by CPAM.

Again she did not seem to understand CPAM not involved and phi.

Should April have reimbursed all?

I reckon it depends on how your policy is worded.

My insurance is a Mutuelle, which pays “its bit” if the particular medication is “agreed” by CPAM.
there are many things available in the Pharmacy which CPAM will not touch, nor contribute towards… and these are ignored by my Insurance so I have to pay the full sum.

I suggest you double check your Policy…

1 Like

It is possible that your policy excludes all items considered “médecin doux”, which are also things not covered by CPAM.

Thanks Stella but as i said i can not have a mutuelle yet. Hence April full phi.

Thought i had stated i had checked wording snd called an adviser who advised before i purchased it was covered.

Still.i will wait and see their reply.lol no doubt will have an out .

Thanks Jane not seen that stated but will double. heck

It sounded as though you might have purchased something different from those agreed with the Advisor…
it will be interesting to see how this works out… especially for any others considering (or with) April…

Hi Stella

As far as i am aware two policies…The mytravel which gives cover up to 12 months ,up to ,500,000 from the 1st euro. Recommended fir applying for CDS or visas. Once with CPAM you can amend to a mutuelle.

Maybe its as jane suggested and exclude payments CPAM do not pay, bit naughty as not mentioned and i cant see exclused.

It certainly does seem to be already behaving like a Mutuelle (as I described earlier on)
but, I suppose, they have to have some way of differentiating between products…
let’s face it, a pharmacy sells an enormous selection of things…

Hope you get some clarification soon.

1 Like

Is there a mistake or 2 in the thread title?

Lol yes on just noticed