Are American pensions taxable by the French tax authorities after the 2009 Protocol

I receive a pension which has been recognized by the IRS as officially qualified Pension Fund.
The French tax authorities did not seem to understand the implications following the 2009 Protocol between the USA and France.

Can anyone help?

Hi didi… please amend your Registration page to show your full name. We are a friendly forum and like to know with whom we are chatting…

Your query has already been aired on numerous occasions on this forum… I will try and locate the threads for you.

Actually, if you tap the magnifying glass top right corner, a box opens up… put in American Tax and it brings up all the threads…

Please do not forget to amend your Registration, as requested…:grin:

American pensions like social security, state pensions and alikes are not taxed if the income is not mote than I think 85.000, forgot the exact amount. you have to file in the USA and with the IRS form you go then to the French income tax office and you will not have to pay any taxes if you do not have income in France. we had great help from the French income tax office, very correct and friendly.
they are only interested in your taxable income.

1 Like