Are you Making any Christmas Presents this Year?

We have a very light kitchen so my Shaker units are painted with a light duck egg blue and a parchment coloured island.
Good luck. It is a time consuming job, but I do have a new kitchen now.

1 Like

Need a pic Jane!

I have a Lovecraft’s account as l have bought patchwork fabric from them, we do have 2 shops in town that sell wool too, amazing as there are a lot of things I can’t find here! But I will have a look at Deramores thank you.
I gave away a lot of heirlooms and interesting family stuff to nieces and nephews that I felt should have them before we moved, when l pop my clogs nobody would know what, to whom or why I wanted to give these random things.:smile:

Here is my kitchen. We live above a sous-sol and the view from the kitchen sink is fabulous, all down the valley.

5 Likes

Oh Jane, just lovely!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: SO jealous for the windows! Our (current) kitchen is in a 1/2 underground bit of the old barn and has very little natural light! We are probably going to move it out into a smaller but lighter room but I think some light paint will brighten up while I’m waiting (been here 5 so probably another 5 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) for my ‘proper’ kitchen!

It was a small kitchen and a bedroom, but we knocked down the wall and opened up.
Because there are so many windows Jim made me a pantry which you can’t see, but it has loads of shelves and I keep my tins and dry goods there.
You will have a lovely kitchen as well.
It has taken me a lifetime to get a kitchen like this.

1 Like

Just starting to sort out christmas baskets…choice of crème de cassis, tomato chutney/tomato passata, néfle or coing jelly, plum jam, pear conserve, borlotti beans, and a pumpkin

2 Likes

Yes we have all these, except the beans and the fancy pumpkins.
I also make a present for my friend who is 94. I have been making tete de porc, but this year I am making a pressed tongue with Madeira sauce.

Here’s a few examples of the gifts I make on my wood lathe. I don’t include the shades though!

2 Likes

They are lovely.
We used to buy special presents from a woodworker on Brimscombe Hill in Stroud.