Are you still smitten with France?

For me France isn’t as good as it was 20 years ago when you could just drive off the ferry and keep going on a Nationale until midday and always stop at a wonderful cheap restaurant without leaving the route. Those days, like many others have gone as the French obsession with roundabouts spawns Macdos and the rest and younger people maybe don’t want the hard work of running a good value restaurant. Even the weather here in the SW isn’t as good as it used to be.

But I still, after 18 years, wouldn’t live anywhere else. The quiet roads, the wonderful characterful locals with time to live, the strawberries that still smell as they used to when I was a kid: the list is endless. And whether your tins of paint are half full or half empty, English paint suddenly seems just as expensive as French paint which was never the case before!

Oh and wild horses wouldn’t drag me back to the traffic congestion and rat race of England.

5 Likes

It is quite right i added a NB to my post and found myself with a new post. Sorry about that Tim 17: Dont agree with the idea of medication i take much to much already maybe it is the morphine i take every day will have to try and cut it down.

1 Like

Hello Carol

My hubby has been on morphine recently and it’s nasty stuff. He was either asleep or completely mad. Thankfully he’s stopped it now.

How are you? How is the treatment going? Hope it’s not too horrible.

Take care x

Mandy… when OH was on morphine he told me (quite seriously) that the TV on the wall, turned itself towards him (when no-one was looking) and spoke to him. They had long conversations, so he reckoned… :wink:

1 Like

Yep, my hubby did strange things. He spent one whole day “making dinner” whilst he was asleep/zonked out/comatose. I could tell from his hand movements that he was chopping veg and putting things in pots and stirring and shaking things. He was even talking about carrots etc and soy sauce.

He also couldn’t remember anything I said to him and asked the same questions over and over. After the doctor came once I had to explain over and over what she had said. He just kept saying “why won’t you tell me what she said”? The worst was the paranoia - he was convinced I didn’t care and was ignoring him.

He stopped the pills himself when he realised what he was doing. He’s taking something else now.

1 Like

Yes, it can be quite upsetting, both for the patient and for the family… glad he is off morphine now (yours and mine, both of them… :relaxed: )

1 Like

Just pulling your leg.

Before I had my hip replaced I was put on some sort of opioid that meant I was a bit spaced out and did some odd things according to my OH.

1 Like

oh deary me you are scaring me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::nauseated_face::japanese_goblin::shushing_face:know it is true that i have been reacting ‘bizarrly’ but thought it was just a bad mood. thanks to both of you will talk to the doc thanks to Tim 17 who brought the subject up in his post. otherwise the treatment is pretty good .not too many side effects.had 20 seances of radiotherapy and youpi the bone pain has gone with the help of the morphine.

5 Likes

Great news that the pain has gone.

Best of luck with everything Carol.

2 Likes

Bon courage Carol, prends soin de toi :relaxed:

2 Likes

Carol same from me - keep on kicking it into touch!!

3 Likes

thank you Vero

1 Like

thank you Simonflys :thinking:

1 Like

thank you Mandy

2 Likes

“fourthed” : Bon courage, Carol :wink:

2 Likes

thank you Andrew nice to hear from you how are things going for you?

1 Like

Busy as ever but I manage to sneak out on the bike from time to time! :smiley:
Can’t be easy for you but keep fighting and try to take strength from the comments and lovely people here :wink:

2 Likes

Its not France, its doing b&b for 13 years. You deserve a medal. It’s generally accepted that 8 years is the max without losing the will to live.

1 Like

lovely Andrew we all have to keep fighting for something in our lives but as you say all the members on SF are Super

2 Likes

I think about you every day Carol when I light my candles in the evening and send out my best wishes to many both near and far…My eldest daughter is in hospital again tomorrow for another operation…her consultant also wants to start her on an experimental drug…Bon courage Carol…:heart:

2 Likes