Are you watering?

Still huffing and puffing round the veg patches with watering cans. 4 empty barrels and 2 still plenty.
Those of you boasting about thunderstorms, grr, the forecast here keeps changing, so rain was due, now not so sure. I would love a break from the heat and the watering!

Grand-Brassac here - certainly filled the pool quickly and flooded the barn nicely :slight_smile:

Our rain now postponed to 6p.m. so going round with the mower. I expect it to grow fast as soon as it sees some water.

It is currently pissing down…
Hard.
That’s “h. a. r. d.”
Hard.

Vague thunder rolling around earlier but no rain and now sunny.

Hammered it down - thunder - cats under the bed - rabbit hiding behind the telly (probably eating cables) - power on/off although that could be the rabbit eating cables. Now its either misty or we’re in a cloud - its bloody cold and wet

1 Like

Cut the grass in anticipation.
Lovely evening, fluffy transparent clouds, big yellow moon. Midnight already and no bloody rain!!!

Ha ha … yes, the moon was glorious last night,

we’ve had rain (yippee) so the drought is ended… well, this one anyway…

seems we got off lightly though… some villages round here had the leaves of the trees shredded by hailstones…

Morning All

Mike, no rain for us yesterday, but it is a bit dark and dismal this morning.

Still live in hope of rain. Never thought I wold ever say that !!!

Andy

I suspect there were a few drips in the night, but all dried up in the wind by morning.
Forecast suggests a possibility Friday or Saturday mornigs, otherwise our best hope is Sunday.

I suspect watering will not be needed in many areas… :wink:

Light rain at last! Not a soaking, but a good damping down.

Mike, have had quite a bit of rain in Le Tanu, water butts 3/4 full, and it looks like more to come :grinning:

Andy

1 Like

Whoever is still doing a rain dance, please could you stop now. Thank you.

4 Likes

It’s my daughter, I fear… she is known internationally as the bringer of rain… :laughing: :crazy_face:

1 Like

You can stop now, guys.
I said you can stop!
Enough already!
Please STOP!

1 Like

It’s been intermittent and light but sufficient in lower Manche/Calvados. Enough to plump up the carrots, which have struggled in the long dry spring.

Noticeably cooler too, which suits me, although I loved the African sun. Zambia is mainly 3000 metres above sea level so the air is always clear and fresh. The sun feels different there, it stays high in the heavens but rises and sinks quickly at dawn and sunset. Beautiful climate.