ARTIST OF YHE YEAR COMPETITION-www.artistsandillustrators-news.co.uk

Artists of the Year 2012

Artist of the Year

Enter your latest masterpiece today for the chance to win gallery representation, painting holidays and £1000s worth of art materials.

Artist of the Year

Click here to view the latest Artists of the Year 2012 submissions

It’s time to reveal the details of the Artists & Illustrators Artists of the Year 2012 competition. Returning for a fifth year, the competition promises to be bigger and better than ever and we are proud to announce the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) as our official sponsors.

The search is simple: we want you to send us your best artworks. And to encourage your creativity further, we have made a slight change to the format too. Rather than submitting an artwork in a specific category, we will be holding an open competition so you can send in artworks depicting any subject, in any medium: from botanical art to figurative works, abstract paintings to rural landscapes – the choice of subject is yours!

We are looking for artworks that are creative, visually interesting and demonstrative of a good level of technical skill.

Prizes

After the 16 August 2012 closing date, a shortlist of works will be drawn up by our panel of expert judges, led by the Royal Watercolour Society’s new president, Thomas Plunkett. Readers will also have the chance to vote for their favourite works on the Artists & Illustrators website.

The creator of the overall winning artwork will be crowned the Artists & Illustrators Artist of the Year 2012 and will receive gallery representation from leading London art dealers Osborne Studio Gallery and £300 worth of vouchers to spend on courses of his or her choice at Newlyn School of Art. Established last year in a very artistic corner of Cornwall, the Newlyn School of Art is a fantastic destination for one- and three-day courses in painting, drawing, printmaking, stone carving and more.

We also have three additional art materials prizes that will be awarded to outstanding artworks of our panel’s choosing. These are The Maimeri Watercolour Prize, The Society for All Artists (SAA) Prize and The West Design Prize. All four winners will also take home a £200 voucher to spend on Canson products and receive a free year’s membership to Portfolio Plus.

...thanks Neil...l'annee prochaine :)

Hi Carole, the closing date was 16th August. In this competition they would, if selected, want to see the original work of art so no computer images.

Hi there,

I am experimenting with my art and photography...I take a pic and then using various applications create an image that I like...is that admissable? I've never entered a competition in my life but also have just joined the group...maybe I should wait until next year :)

Carole

PS Example of my work below