As an Apple fan boy myself, this is very disappointing..

Yawn. But at least he’s progressed from being “a ruthless, unpleasant man” to being “no saint”, in common with most of us🙂.

I know about Lisa, the person and the computer. Jobs was a very complex individual, no surprises there.

As for the link, did you really think I hadn’t read it already Tim, after all I pointed you to the site.

But the question Porridge asked was if Steve would have bowed to the dictator Xi Jinping? In my opinion, for what it’s worth, he wouldn’t have. From what I have read about him, It wasn’t in his nature….

Both of these are a good reads, if you haven’t already……

As is from “Odyssey: Pepsi to Apple” though I never rated Sculley, it’s was an interesting book at the time.

Steve Jobs was one of the rudest and most arrogant people I ever had the misfortune to meet .

You haven’t met me yet Brian :joy: I think he was brillant. He was weird but he was brilliant. I wish I had met him.

1 Like

Where/how did you meet him?

I used to work for him in the Super Secret Squirrel Team (iPod HW Engineering) back when it ran out of an unmarked building on the old HP campus on Ridgeview.

1 Like

Interviewed him for a documentary.

1 Like

That must have been interesting.

1 Like

If you have Netflix I can recommend this for a fairly accurate view of why China dominates the world in manufacturing and why this is unlikely to change:

Latest MacBook Air seems a stunner.

1 Like

John, I really didn’t need to have my wallet tempted (especially having been at a barbecue yesterday with a friend who is an Apple Genius and who owes me a favour :slight_smile: )!!!

But it looks great from every point of view. I particularly like the way they seem to have (unless I’ve misunderstood) changed the upgrade cycle to more like 2 years, and given it such a good battery. Many of my friends’ Macs are of some age but still going strong, so it’s like it’s an investment.

SOLD to the mug of Porridge!

1 Like

Yes, I’m working on a bit of rationalisation myself too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like