As an Apple fan boy myself, this is very disappointing..

Corporate America has sold their Country’s soul (and prosperity) for a mess of pottage (AKA share options).

Would Steve Jobs have done this? I suspect not.

1 Like

I agree.

Given that it was his idea to transfer manufacturing of most of Apple’s products to China in the first place I think he would.

1 Like

SJ saw watched how Nokia and Motorola lost a fortune running their own manufacturing plants in the USA/Mexico and knew using Contract Electronic Manufacturers was the way to go.

Foxconn was the only SEM that would let Apple deploy their own production engineering team inside their factory to ensure QA standards were met and the rest is history.

Of course, with the ex-Dell bean counter at the helm for the last decade, Apple would happily throw anyone, including Taiwan under the bus to save $0.001 off the BoM cost of an iThing.

You know this is just regarding what’s printed on a box full of components and a shipping form?

If you want to get properly outraged, do some digging into where the raw cobalt, tantalum and lithium used in smartphones and EVs comes from.

1 Like

“Cook, the architect of Apple’s supply chain in China”……… “ending the dominance of Taiwanese firms”.

Steve exonerated :blush:

1 Like

From the same source -

You’re a hoot Tim :joy:

Not sure what Tim Cook’s bio has to do with Jobs’s decision to move Apple’s production to China but whatever makes you happy. :smiley:

Didn’t you notice who drove the move to contract manufacturing Tim?

Steve Jobs was a ruthless, unpleasant man who would have done anything to keep Apple profitable.

So, just like every successful business founder ever then?

SJ was perfectly polite when I held a door open for him in Caffè Macs one lunchtime in 2009.

I didn’t realise you knew him Tim, did you also know Wozniak? I suppose you were a drinking buddy of Bill Gates and Paul Alan too, and that you used to hang out with Hewlett and Packard in their garage. Great days of innovation, eh?

:roll_eyes: stop bickering you two!!! :roll_eyes: :rofl: who wants some apple tart :rofl:

4 Likes

Back to Steve Jobs again…

3 Likes

Tory, If I wrote today is Monday Tim would disagree :joy: (It is Monday, isn’t it?)

Oh shit is it??? I thought it was Tuesday!! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not about disagreeing just for the sake of it, I gave you a link to suggest you might be wrong but because it came from me you won’t accept it.

Of course I don’t know any of the people you’ve mentioned, there is though a ton of evidence to show that Jobs was not a nice guy including a memoir from his daughter. The man may have been a great innovator and a saviour of Apple but he was no saint.