Assistants(tes) d'anglais

If you spent an academic year in France as an assistant(e) (12 hours per week) during or after your British degree course and paid SS contributions you should receive a pension from CNAV, based on your earnings. As a woman you should receive 8/158 for the academic year and 8/158 for each child, no matter when they were born. I do not know the rules for males. I receive 24/158, based on my earnings in 1968/69, which is not to be sniffed at. It goes a long way to paying my local taxes and water bills.

The French are generous. An elderly neighbour receives 20€/month as her now deceased husband spent 3 months as a forced labourer in Germany at the end of the 2WW.

Good to know, that's a fourth fench caisse to add to my list + the UK !

Andrew, Pauline,

Shortly on or after my 45th birthday, I received a statement from some state pensions quango (might well have been the CNAV) on all of my pension contributions ever made in France, and their estimated value. This also included the time I spent working as an assistant in Corsica. I was of the understanding that such a statement is systematically issued to all of those aged 45 who have, at some time or other, worked as employees in France and paid pension contributions. Of course, I imagine that this also requires that the CNAV know where to reach you. It made for very interesting reading !

Thanks, Alex, will look into this ;-)

Hi Pauline,
Saw your post here and although it is a long time ago I wondered if you were still active on the site. I have an issue that is bothering me about my French State Pension from my 9 months as a language assistant back in 69/70.
Could you let me know if you get this please ? I would love to have a quick chat.
Many thanks

Pauline may still visit the site, but I doubt it: her last post dates back to July 2016.

Welcome, by the way!

If you’d like to set out your question then it’s likely that one or more of the knowledgeable people here will have an answer.

1 Like

You could make an appointment with CARSAT or the body dealing with your particular metier to inform them of those years worked. Hope youkept the wage slips as proof as they most likely with ask for them. I got a lot sorted out when I applied for my french pensions albeit for things fairly recent as I was still at primary school for the years you mention, but a visit to the local office soon put their records straight and for my english years worked too.

1 Like