Associations in France

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any resources on operating an association in France. I have been helping out with an environmental based non-for-profit but we are at the point where we are going to start having outgoings. We would like to build a website, purchase equipment etc… to cover these costs we would like to start asking for monetary donations and sponsorships.

Would anyone have a baseline knowledge of what happens once you start bringing in funds? How the set-up of a volunteer ran association will change? Systems that we need to abide by etc…

Thank you in advance,

Belle journee

Tilly Xx

From what I remember when I was involved at the start of a declared association, we had to file a load of stuff with the Préfecture (statutes, from memory), then open a bank account, and then try and get some local funding/grants…best place to start might be the Mairie.

Hi im in an association in our village but i didnt set it up. We have a meeting Saturday i will ask but the Mairie will tell you. We have a bank account, insurance and a required minimum number of people. We dont ask for funds we run events in particular Bal Gascogne or concerts to raise funds. We have just used
Some of our funds to replace the broken stained glass windows in a certain historic building in the village. We do have a treasurer who keeps accounts. Im the only Brit in our association in our village of 90 inhabitants but im the expert on Gascogne dancing which i practice regularly and our dances are a great success.
Anne

As said ask at the mairie.

Charities and associations are governed by Loi 1901.

These links should help
https://www.service-public.fr/associations

• seems to cover all aspects.

Thank you Anne! What fun!! - events are a great idea. If you receive any advice on Saturday, I would love to hear it!