Assurance voiture

Not a load of cobblers, Keith. This is why they have to send you their renewal notice two or three months in advance. If they don't, you have the right to cancel whenever you want, if I remember rightly.

That's my understanding of it yes!

I used a local English speaking agency of Generali because 7 years ago my french was not up to much and they seemed very helpful, last year they increased the premiums for both cars by about €250, I asked them if they could find a way of lowering them which they did by a small amount by cancelling some of the benefits on one of the cars. I have since moved them both to Credit Agricole and saved about €300 plus a better deal.

I haven't had the need to claim anything and it's that experience of processes and responsiveness that determines the quality of your insurer. In the meantime I've got EVERYTHING with Maif which gives me a small discount. I got quotes for various options. Didn't pick the cheapest as the idea of having a loaner car seemed essential to me. Yesterday a tree fell on my boss's car due to the high wind, right outside my window-so it happens. Prices are determined by where you live,it seems. My insurance went down when I moved departments. Things are 'quieter' in Eure et Loir.

Shopped around several years back now, by far and away the best quote was from Banque Populaire. They were extremely helpful and we are still happily with them. Really helped me out of several problems recently when our car broke down in Rouen some seven hundred kilometres from home here in 47.

We have used the same Brokers ever since we came out here, which was 10 years ago.

Gaye Galliver from B.I.B.A Tel: 05 53 01 13 84

We have 3 vehicles insured with her and she always comes up with a great offer.

Carolyn