At least I'll get ALD

I am sorry to hear that, but not totally surprised.
Yet another instance of being ashamed of our government.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to good health John.

1 Like

Hi John H

So sorry to hear your news , best wishes.

It has prompted me t chase Oh doctor. Prostrate cancer runs in his family. Father passed away and older brother being treated now.
OH last Year PSA had increased but not too much. Just moved to France last Oct so first test here was Feb, socked to see PSA doubled yet Doctor has not contacted us. It was explained to him runs in the family.
OH and I had thought if nothing heard when he returns for new prescription in June would request another PSA test.

Seeing John’s post i think will be requesting Asap.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea! Although there can be benign reasons for raised levels, which I hope is the case, and I’m hoping the doubling is from 2 to 4, rather than anything more extreme. And which is why the doctor didn’t contact you. Do bear in mind that as a generality you have to be more proactive here about many health natters.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea! Although there can be benign reasons for raised levels, which I hope is the case, and I’m hoping the doubling is from 2 to 4, rather than anything more extreme. And which is why the doctor didn’t contact you. Do bear in mind that as a generality you have to be more proactive here about many health natters.

Yes Jane i agree , and ues it doubled from 2 to 4. My concern is two years sgo 1.3 say then last year 2. Something now 4 and with the family history i feel Dtr should have scheduled a repeat test. Appointment booked to discuss with Dtr and hopefully a new test will be booked.

My husbands surgeon told us, in advance, the cost for the robot, 600 euros, would not be reimbursed.
The robot wasn’t actually used, complicated op, which meant his hospital stay turned from 3/4 days to two weeks.
Pleased that you had a successful outcome :pray:

2 Likes

@JohnH , wishing you the best result and a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

4 is considered borderline here.

jane. Sorry still not worked out how to make sure my reply is to someone’s comment rather than general.
Ah ok, still with the family history i had hoped Dtr would say we will check again in 6 months . !

1 Like

@Tranmere1 either highlight a section of their post that you specifically want to reply to and then click on “Quote” which will magically appear above it, or alternatively, use the little grey “Reply” arrow immediately under the post rather than the blue “Reply” arrow at the bottom.

1 Like

They will if you ask most likely. But probably won’t offer automatically.

Sending positive vibes to you John, you’re in good hands I’m sure! Good luck.

1 Like

After what feels like a million appointments and scans, it appears that it’s contained in the prostate which is good news. There’s almost certainly going to be surgery but I can live with that (see what I did there…:slight_smile: )

One good thing though was realising how good it is to be in control of your own destiny to an extent. I got the PET Scan result this morning and it wasn’t conclusive in one area so I was prescribed for another MRI. Straight on to Doctolib with a quick search for what’s available today (I didn’t care where, I wasn’t going to be denied my “certainty”) and I had one within the hour after a mere half hour walk to the next hospital. I do like French healthcare though I recognise that I have the good fortune to be in the Paris suburbs where there’s lots of availability.

9 Likes

I think that’s more than cheerful! I hope the robots get at it as soon as….

2 Likes

Good news - hopefully a quick snip and polish and you will be all sorted. :slight_smile:

Just a quick update that surgery is 21 May. Still reasonably calm other than a bit of a wobble when I passed the incontinence section in Costco at the weekend :roll_eyes: Just a bit of a sinking feeling about the after effects but, as ever, it didn’t last long.

I don’t think my colleagues knew how to deal with my suggestion that, if they wanted to get me a gift, then a subscription to Tena For Men wouldn’t go wrong.

8 Likes

Funnel, hosepipe, pair of wellies? :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, glad your sense of humour is holding up :rofl:

2 Likes

Friend of ours was able to cancel his repeat order for Tena after a few months….courage.

Hey, that’s just taking the p***!

3 Likes